At Hightown, we`re a housing charity that builds homes and supports people. Within our Care and Supported living schemes we work with a diverse range of clients groups including people with learning disabilities, people with mental health problems, young people and adults experiencing homelessness and women who have survived domestic violence.
We have an opportunity for a full time Activities Coordinator who will work across all our services for someone who has the right values, behaviours and attitudes to be the difference which are:
- Putting our residents and service users first
- Treating people with respect, promoting independence and choice
- Developing passionate and committed teams
- Being cost effective without compromising standards or safety
If you share our values, we`d love you to work for us.
Who we are looking for
You dont need specific experience to join us as an Activities Coordinator so you could come from any background within health and social care. Whats important is that you have a sense of fun, creativity and the ability to encourage and motivate others. We`re looking for someone who:
- Is able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- has good administrative and skills and is highly organised
- has the ability to work with individuals whose support needs are complex and whose behaviours may be difficult
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with an enthusiastic and `can-do` attitude who can make a real difference to our schemes by coordinating and delivering a range of activities for our service users.
About the role
As an Activities Coordinator with Hightown, youll help deliver an entertainment and activities programme including (but not limited to) food, gardening, music and exercise to improve our service users quality of life and to support them to discover new interests, improve their mental and physical health, wellbeing and help towards developing their independence. We also want to make sure each individual can pursue interests they enjoy most and that means youll have a real impact on their lives.
You will work alongside the Activities Manager to administer a set of resource packs that can be used in individual care settings across Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire and Bedfordshire.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you or you want to have an informal chat, please contact Samantha Culverhouse, Recruitment Manager on 01442 292277 or email@example.com
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
- £18,135pa for a 35 hour a week contract
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for use at work
- Access to COVID-19 vaccinations
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Well-equipped on-site gym
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 7,500 homes from our head office in Hemel Hempstead and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff. We have an annual turnover of £90 million and a development programme that will deliver over 400 new affordable homes each year.
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please download the job description and click apply below.
Appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS, right to work, reference and medical checks.
Closing date: Wednesday 26th May 2021
Interviews: Monday 7th June 2021
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.