Legal & General Affordable Homes (LGAH) is recruiting for a Development Manager to source, appraise, scrutinise and contract s106 and package deals. You'll manage a pipeline across local authority areas under the direction of the ADM (Area Development Manager).
Regular travel will be required - Northern Home Counties - Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk, Berkshire, Oxfordshire.
What you'll be doing:
- Reporting to the Area Development Manager and working with Finance and Operations team, support the full and successful delivery of s106 and package deals.
- Undertake business development activities in relation to the new business opportunities within the designated area targeting, overseeing the pricing and negotiation of schemes, and executing affordable housing forward funding and direct acquisitions from house builders and developers.
- Prospect opportunities, appraising the schemes jointly with Finance and Operations teams, and then appraising and testing schemes in accordance with the approved investment parameters and the scrutiny processes and reporting to the Area Development Manager. Review and ensure that scheme appraisals are 100% accurate.
- Peer reviewing schemes as required and providing recommendations to manage risks, optimise quality and deliver good value for money.
- Ensure a robust sign-off process is followed in line with agreed governance policies, operating within agreed financial and risk parameters.
- Manage all negotiations in a transparent, trustworthy and honest manner and to ensure the reputation of the company is safeguarded at all times and ensure that projects are contracted in accordance with the approvals and in accordance with the adopted policies and procedures.
- Monitor scheme bidding performance and pricing to ensure that the team are procuring at values which reflect the needs of the business.
- Lead and maintain relationships with partners to ensure we are a valued and trusted partner and are presented with opportunities as they arise.
- Manage the consultant team, emphasising importance of meeting targets and supporting the team as necessary.
- Ensure the efficient, accurate and quick management of prospects and contracts.
What we're looking for:
- You'll have an excellent academic background, with a numerical aptitude
- Experience in sourcing and contracting residential affordable housing investments and/or developments and of building trustworthy relationships with developers and house builders that are current and potential future partners and clients
- You'll have substantial local knowledge of both the social housing and wider residential sectors, in particular an expert understanding of social housing development, housing management and regulatory requirements
Legal & General Affordable Homes is a subsidiary of Legal & General Capital, which invests its long-term capital into sectors where there has been a shortage of investment and innovation, focusing on growth opportunities and scale ups. Focused on supporting the UK’s demographic and affordable living needs, and consistent with Legal & General’s housing growth strategy, Legal & General Affordable Homes is leading the evolution of the affordable housing sector with an aim to become the leading private affordable housing provider in the UK. Through collaborating with developers, housing associations and public sector bodies across the country, L&G Affordable Homes is forward-funding new build affordable housing, bringing volume institutional capital to the social housing sector with initial target markets being affordable rent, shared ownership and rent-to-buy.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?