Mobile Playground Inspector
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Mobile Playground Inspector to join our team working in Thamesmead. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £23,996 - £24,500 per annum.
About the Mobile Playground Inspector role:
Peabody are looking for a Mobile Pay Inspector to provide a mobile play inspection service based from home, using IT solutions including minor cleaning, maintenance and post inspections of repairs to predefined play areas and other recreational facilities across the Peabody stock in London and south east. At Peabody our aim is to improve the quality of lives for our tenants. We are not just a landlord, we aim to empower individuals to change their lives and strengthen communities.
Responsibilities of our Mobile Playground Inspector:
- Visually and physically check the condition of all play equipment, safer surfacing and surrounding area. Complete inspection results, noting condition and logging defects.
- Prioritise workload to carry out regular inspections, respond to public enquiries, investigate complaints and feedback.
- Repair, or assist in the arrangement of equipment repairs, patch safety surfacing, rake bark, remove graffiti and clear site of litter.
- Write accident reports, reports on equipment and site inspections for insurance purposes. Assist with annual inspections and transfer action points to feed into programmed works. Recommend improvements to play area management or layout.
- Maintain an overview of the whole play area environment in liaison with the Estate Services Team and other members of the department.
- Carry out general duties in connection with play and recreational faculties.
- Maintain the highest standards of personal and professional integrity and conduct, following the relevant policies on health and safety, data protection, and equal opportunities.
- Follow Peabody health and safety policies and procedures to ensure, as far as is practicable, your own safety and that of others in the workplace.
- Carry out any other duties that maybe required within the purpose and grade of the job.
As our Mobile Playground Inspector, we are looking for someone who:
- ROSPA inspectors qualification
- Full UK driving licence
- ROSPA (reg play inspector)
- Experienced and qualified play inspector (or be able to successfully undertake the relevant training)
- Experienced in the maintenance and cleaning of play and associated assets
- Experienced in both temporary and permanent repairs
- Experienced in effectively engaging with a wide customer base
- Experienced in successfully operating in a changing environment
- Ability to work independently, by exercising good initiative and judgement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven time management and prioritisation skills
- Proven attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets
Closing date: Tuesday 18th May 2021, 5pm
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Mobile Playground Inspector, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities, and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+, and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by The Peabody Group.
NO AGENCY INTEREST