We have a fantastic opportunity for an Environment Caretaker to join our team based in Lewisham. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £22,768 per annum.
About the Environment Caretaker role:
You will provide and be responsible for maintaining the internal and external areas of Peabody estates and providing a clean and safe environment for the residents, their guests, employees and other visitors.
Responsibilities of our Environment Caretaker include:
- Cleaning communal internal and external areas including, estate roads, grassed and paved areas, courtyard/garage/forecourt/shed areas, washing line enclosures, service roads, footpaths, walkways, playgrounds, flower beds, shrubbery and other communal parts as directed using appropriate supplied equipment
- Providing courteous and efficient customer service and conduct at all times
- Handling resident issues efficiently and effectively while maintaining Peabody Behaviours
- Reporting any unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the residents or the property
- Being responsible for the care, maintenance and inventory of all supplies and equipment owned by Peabody
- Leading and promoting a positive health and safety culture, ensuring, as far as practicable, that activities are carried out under your control and in accordance with Peabody Health and Safety policies and procedures
- You may be required to undertake specific Health and Safety roles such as Fire Warden or First Aider as part of your duties
As our Environment Caretaker, we are looking for:
- The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, and the ability to write simple correspondence
- Effective time management
- A capacity and willingness to receive training in the use of special equipment, materials and chemicals
- Experience of dealing with the public
- Experience of providing professional and accountable cleaning and caretaking services.
- Working knowledge of the use of chemicals (COSHH)
- Working knowledge of health and safety legislation
Closing date: Wednesday 19th May 2021, 5pm
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Environment Caretaker, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities, and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+, and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by The Peabody Group.
NO AGENCY INTEREST