Centrepoint is the UK’s leading charity for homeless young people. Working with thousands of young people every year, our vision is to end youth homelessness. While we pursue this vision, our immediate focus is on providing vulnerable young people with a place to call home and a chance to acquire the skills they need to build a better future. Centrepoint works directly in London, Manchester, Yorkshire and the North East of England, and collaborates actively with similar organisations right across the UK.
We are looking for a Property Officer to work within our Property Management Team which manages the maintenance and repair of our residential and office accommodation. The post is based at our Head office in London, you will be expected to travel across London for your role.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Good communication skills.
- Good IT skills, including experience of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Good time management skills.
- Experience of working in a similar role is desirable but not essential.
Day to day tasks may include;-
- Pre and post inspections, specifying and processing maintenance works and void orders, using schedule of rates in line with Centrepoint’s Reactive Maintenance Policy.
- Communicating with third party landlords, service staff, and contractors to ensure the repairs process operates in accordance with Centrepoint standards and key performance indicators.
- Undertaking scheduled unit inspections and supporting follow up desk top work.
- Undertaking specific project work to problem solve and develop new repairs & maintenance innovations.
- Building compliance, some facilities functions and admin cover.
In return for your efforts you’ll receive a competitive salary, excellent training and development, and a host of staff benefits including:
- 25 days of annual leave per year, rising by one day per year to a maximum of 27 days
- Excellent training package to ensure you have the skills and knowledge to build a new career
- Employer pension contributions of 4%
- Clear career progressions, linked to portfolio work, that enables movement up the pay scale
- Access to Cycle 2 Work loan scheme
- An interest-free travel loan
We seek to challenge discrimination and are committed to fairness and equality. We especially welcome applications from anyone with direct experience of being homeless or using young people’s services.
Closing Date: 19th May 2021 at 5 pm
Interviews: Week commencing 24th May 2021
Salary: £28,769 to £30,455 depending on experience
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to join our team as a Property Officer click ‘Apply’ now!