Support Worker (Male) - Community Space
Support Worker - Male
£23,733.36 - 37.5 hours a week
The Barnet Group is currently seeking to recruit a Support Worker with knowledge of Learning Disabilities. The role will report to the Communityspace Coordinator. The role is central to Care and Support.
We are looking for hard working male support worker with a positive attitude who can work flexibly with individuals and groups of people with complex needs.
The service we provide at Community Space is a service for individuals with varying degrees of learning disability; The service caters for c65 service user at present and provides support either directly from home to Community based activities or from its central base in Edgware in a safe and supportive way. The focus is to support people to develop skills, gain independence and become a valued part of their community. Community Space also offers support with mainstream Community social and leisure activities, volunteering opportunities, supported employment and work experience. We are committed to the principles of Valuing People Now, promoting independence, involvement, inclusion and opportunities in a person-centred way
We are looking for someone who has the following skills and attributes:
- Can support people to participate in and develop social living skills and mainstream activities including work, education, leisure, swimming, and gardening.
- Support individuals as required to access services using public transport or using ‘our own ‘in house’ transport.
- To participate in flexible working to cover transport / locking up rota’s and staffing shortfalls.
- Support people with their personal care, toileting,
- Support people to manage their health and wellbeing, taking medication, implementing activities to support their health and wellbeing.
- Support current relationships with family and friends and facilitate new ones.
- Undertake administrative work activities such as report writing, dealing with petty cash, using IT equipment, monitoring, recording & reporting etc and participate in regular supervision.
- To participate and keep update all aspect of mandatory training.
- Undertaking the roles and responsibilities of Key working, including developing and maintaining support plans with the support of senior team members.
Currently this role is located at Community Space, Edgware, but staff can be based anywhere within the London Borough of Barnet.
Closing date: 23.59 hrs on 24th May 2021
Due to the nature of the work in delivering personal care this post is exempt from the provision of The Equality Act 2010