Project Manager – Latent Defects
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Project Manager – Latent Defects to join our team in Waterloo. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £51,000 per annum.
About the Project Manager – Latent Defects role:
You will liaise and consult with internal and external stakeholders to diagnose, submit claims, and manage to resolution all latent defects which occur in Peabody’s New Build stock.
Responsibilities of our Project Manager – Latent Defects:
- Establishing and implementing effective working arrangements & practices to ensure a consistent level of service delivery in line with the Peabody business plan
- Monitoring and reviewing the internal and external environment to ensure compliance and best practice are adhered to
- Taking ownership and proactively managing latent defects of all new build properties and liaising with Development Team where required
- Assisting in making insurance claims on behalf of residents and Peabody in respect of latent defects to include inspection of remedial works
- Ensuring residents are kept up to date with progress of rectifications
- Liaising with Employers Agents, Contractors, Residents, internal colleagues, manufacturers and the like to achieve the objectives of the role and organisation
- Providing a responsive and customer-focused service across the range of tenure types and properties
- Where complex issues are involved, investigating and reporting on latent defects including the appointment of independent consultants in close consultation with the wider Development team
- Making appropriate recommendations to Design & Quality team for specification changes using the knowledge of customer feedback and experience of dealing with latent defects
- Keeping abreast of relevant regulation changes and maintaining awareness of the British Standards and Codes of Practice related to the construction industry
As our Project Manager – Latent Defects, we are looking for:
- Educated to a minimum HND level in a relevant Construction, Development, Planning or Build Environment discipline
- The ability to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement
- Proven time management and prioritisation skills
- Proven experience and ability to deliver excellent customer care and valuing diversity
- Proven attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets
- Excellent Defects diagnosis skills with a minimum of 3 years experience working within new build construction
- Sound technical/construction knowledge with experience of managing different forms of defects/repairs
- Strong report writing skills
- Good negotiating skills
- Proven ability to influence and lead relationships with suppliers
- Proactive approach to problem-solving
Closing date: 18th May 2021, 5pm
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Project Manager – Latent Defects, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities, and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+, and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by The Peabody Group.
NO AGENCY INTEREST