Senior Electrical Inspector
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Electrical Inspector to join our team in Waterloo. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £44,000 per annum.
About the Senior Electrical Inspector role:
You will be responsible for the day-to-day management and development of the area/department and its employees by setting, reviewing, monitoring and improving the targets and activities carried out, thereby ensuring that business objectives are met.
Responsibilities of our Senior Electrical Inspector:
- Applying professional knowledge of electrical services ensuring they represent high standards of quality
- Carrying out technical pre-and post-inspections on electrical works delivered by the various teams and contractors
- Maintaining accurate written and computerised records, collate and disseminate information
- Reviewing for compliance electrical testing, commissioning and servicing certification for suitability and record remedial works for post-inspection
- Monitoring and reporting on remedial work completed by external consultants/contractors and proactively managing the key stakeholders relevant to specific works
- Ensuring compliance with Peabody’s standing orders and with any appropriate published departmental standards and procedures
- Supporting and advising staff involved with the accurate diagnosis of works, preparation of any specifications, schedules of work and other contract documentation
- Line managing Electrical post-inspection staff
- Controlling all time and costs spent on compliance projects to ensure that these are contained within generally prescribed or separately agreed targets
- Providing asset information of installations including providing supporting evidence and a list of any faults found
- Participating in the out of hours on-call rota
As our Senior Electrical Inspector, we are looking for:
- Must hold City Guilds 2391/2 & City Guilds 2381/2 BS7671 18th Edition or equivalent qualifications
- Up to date knowledge of health and safety
- Up to date knowledge of legislative developments and demonstrable ability to continually promote best practice in the workplace
- Intermediate level IT skills
- Full UK driving licence and use of a vehicle
- Proven experience and ability to deliver excellent customer care and valuing diversity
- Working knowledge of the gas/mechanical services industry
- Intermediate IT skills including knowledge of the Microsoft Office package
- Experience of a social housing environment
Closing date: 10th May 2021, 5pm
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Senior Electrical Inspector, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities, and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+, and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by The Peabody Group.
NO AGENCY INTEREST