We have a fantastic opportunity for a Building Surveyor to join our team in Waterloo. You will join us on a full-time, fixed-term contract for 12 months (a secondment opportunity open to both internal and external staff) and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £41,000 per annum.
About the Building Surveyor role:
You will provide excellent front-line customer service by working in partnership with internal and external stakeholders to ensure our customers’ needs are met and the departmental team objectives are achieved.
Responsibilities of our Building Surveyor:
- Working closely and flexibly with other staff in delivering high-quality maintenance service to our external and internal customers
- Providing regular and professional communication and liaison with customers and key stakeholders in relation to works instructed and managed by the service
- Taking full responsibility and managing all assigned cases from start-to-finish
- Ensuring budget responsibilities are met, feeding into forecasting and efficiency plans as required
- Managing a range of contractors, ensuring they deliver in accordance with their contract and KPI’s
- Carrying out pre-inspections and building surveys to identify defects
- Providing technical advice on building defects and diagnosis to the organisation
- Assisting in the delivery of specialist work programmes, ensuring works are to standard, contractor performance is in line with KPI’s and value for money is achieved
- Working in collaboration with other departments to ensure that a seamless service is delivered to customers and that key performance indicators are met
- Attending, and giving evidence in court in cases where building regulations have been breached and as expert witnesses on building defects
- Forming part of the Group’s emergency out of hours rota, which is a compulsory part of this role and will require working evenings and weekends on a rota basis
As our Building Surveyor, we are looking for:
- A degree in Building Surveying or similar technical qualification (HND HNC)
- Extensive experience of building surveying and specific experience of building maintenance, preferably within a social housing context
- Experience in managing an extensive, complex and varying caseload with projects from inception to completion
- In-depth knowledge of Schedule of Rates and methods of measurement, with experience in achieving and ensuring Value for Money
- Up to date knowledge of Health & Safety and other legislation relevant to the role
- Excellent all-round IT skills
- Professional Membership (preferred)
Closing date: 20th May 2021, 5pm
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Building Surveyor, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities, and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+, and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by The Peabody Group.
NO AGENCY INTEREST