Housing Ombudsman and Complaint Case Coordinator
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Housing Ombudsman and Complaint Case Coordinator to join our team in Waterloo. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £30,750 per annum.
About the Housing Ombudsman and Complaint Case Coordinator role:
This role will have a threefold focus. Firstly, on managing and coordinating all contacts we receive from the Housing Ombudsman Service. Secondly, the role will also be required to oversee all emails received into the Customer Experience Team shared mailbox to ensure all requests and queries are answered and resolved. Thirdly, to monitor and drive the good timeliness of stage one responses throughout the organisation and to ensure that we are providing responses with the 10-day deadline according to the Complaint Handling Code and our own complaints policy, this may include providing assistance and support where needed.
Responsibilities of our Housing Ombudsman and Complaint Case Coordinator:
- Managing all contacts received from the Housing Ombudsman Service
- Managing the contacts within the customer experience email account ensuring that emails are progressed or responded to within 24 hours as required
- Reviewing all stage one responses due and providing reminders where needed and chasing up any overdue stage one responses and escalating these through our chaser levels escalation process
- Promoting the good practice of the complaints policy and procedure to all staff
- Identifying learning opportunities to improve staff and resident engagement and how we deliver the complaints service
- Managing a small number of complaints up to 10 – 15 per year approx. where the stage one response transcends one service area and the complaint does not fall within the normal categories
- Delivering the weekly complaint reports and to all stakeholders on the deadline required.
- Ensuring that all communications are logged and available for accurate records
- Identifying potential reputation risks and work with operational and communications teams to take mitigating action
- Regularly reporting on progress and outcomes, ensuring that the Head of Customer Experience are proactively updated and that activity is evaluated against objectives
As our Housing Ombudsman and Complaint Case Coordinator, we are looking for:
- Demonstrable experience of complaint handling and working in a complaint environment
- Good knowledge of housing practices and procedures
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience of dealing in task-driven roles and ability to deliver on deadlines effectively
- The ability to multitask and adapt to the current priority as and when needed
- The ability to empathise and build relationships with customers and staff, showing a strong focus on putting customer experience first
- Strong planning and organising skills to ensure priorities are kept and deadlines delivered
- Resilient, with the ability to work under pressure to tight timelines
Closing date: 20th May 2021, 5pm
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Housing Ombudsman and Complaint Case Coordinator, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities, and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+, and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by The Peabody Group.
NO AGENCY INTEREST