At Lewisham Homes, we believe in building on potential. As a Works Supervisor, your ability to manage the delivery of an exemplar repairs and maintenance service across a range of work streams could have a real impact on people’s lives.
Lewisham Homes is an ambitious not-for-profit organisation focused on improving housing in the borough. As well as managing 19,000 homes on behalf of Lewisham Council. We aim to provide a better experience and more opportunities for residents, communities – and the dedicated people who join our growing team.
As a Works Supervisor, you will be joining our dynamic Repairs Team, responsible for focusing on improving business opportunities and customer experience.
If successful the main duties of your role will be:
- Responsible for the productivity, value for money and quality of voids and repair work undertaken by operatives managed by the post holder.
- Supervising, managing and developing trade operatives, ensuring work is completed to the required standard and operatives are trained to the appropriate level.
- Completing technical surveys on properties and equipment
- Responsible for people and property, health and safety, budget control, operational performance and high quality customer service.
- Conducing pre, in flight and post inspections on site with operatives.
- Proactively managing and controlling appropriate use of all allocated resources across the delivery team.
Experience in a local authority or social housing is essential for this position.
We expect everyone at Lewisham Homes to be eager to learn new skills and to help others. As a major local employer with over 500 staff, we are committed to providing opportunities for personal development, plus flexible and agile working to help us to continue to embrace wellbeing. We also offer benefits including: season ticket loan, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, health & wellbeing benefits and membership of the local government pension scheme.
For more information about Lewisham Homes and this opportunity, please visit our website.