Guinness Property provide repairs and maintenance services to The Guinness Partnership. Our national teams deliver rapid-response housing repairs, maintenance and improvement services to ensure that our customers’ homes are safe and maintained to high standard.
We have a vacancy for a Roofer to cover the North West area in our Repairs and Empty Homes team. This is a permanent full-time vacancy working 39 hours a week Monday to Friday (8 hours Monday-Thursday, 7 hours on a Friday).
Company van and fuel card provided - for business use only.
In this role you’ll deliver high standards of installation and repairs of roofs ensuring that appropriate tiles, wood shingles and other necessary roofing materials including built up felt are used . You’ll also carry out associated activities within acceptable quality standards to support Guinness’s targets for a first-time fix and deliver great customer service.
- Demonstrable competence within required primary trade.
- Skills and experience, sufficient to enable the completion of repairs at the first visit (first time fix).
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment within agreed performance targets.
- Proven ability to work methodically, follow agreed procedures and accurately record data and information.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems seeking any advice required.
- Ability to carry out physical tasks and lift weights in accordance with Health and Safety guidelines.
- Ability to work at heights and have the stamina and balance to work on a range of roof types
- Ability to operate safely having taken into account any environmental circumstances and possible risks.
- Demonstrates the Guinness Behaviours.
- Full, clean UK Driving License
- An ability to understand and put into practise any health and safety regulations involved in roofing works in particular working at height regulations.
- NVQ Level 2 (City & Guilds) Roofing Occupations or equivalent recognised competency in the required trade.
To apply for this vacancy, you must live within 30 miles of an Oldham postcode. This is to ensure we are able to offer our customers a prompt and efficient service.
If you’re interested in finding out more about the key responsibilities of the role and/or to ensure you meet the essential criteria, please review the attached role profile.
The Guinness Partnership is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all colleagues, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Oldham
- Housing / neighbourhood management Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Oldham
- Homes and Asset Management Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Oldham
- Maintenance / Repair Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Oldham
- Residential Development & Construction Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Oldham