Main Purpose of the Job:
To be responsible to the Head of Housing/Property Services for the management and maintenance of general needs (100 units) and supported accommodation (31 units) owned by RBLI on 72 acre RBLI Village in Aylesford and those in Sutton Valance. Ensuring that RBLIs housing and maintenance policies are procedures are effectively implemented and providing exceptional customer service to RBLI residents in the allocation and management of RBLI properties.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- To ensure that all paperwork and processes are effectively undertaken to ensure the management of RBLI properties.
- To work proactively with current, future and former residents of RBLI to ensure effective housing management including lettings, rent management, property maintenance and community development.
- Participate in the employee performance process by carrying out regular formal supervision, ensuring that performance concerns are identified and addressed with the relevant individuals in order to engender necessary improvements.
- Identify and implement relevant Training and Development activities for all employees in order to support continuous professional development of both staff and the function.
- Effective delivery of housing management services to RBLI residents.
- Management and maintenance of the waiting list including assessment of applications for general needs and supported accommodation.
- Issuing and managing tenancies across the village, including rent management, property maintenance and community development.
- Complete pre-void inspections and ensure void and re-letting works are completed effectively and to an appropriate standard by our Property Services Team.
- To refer residents to the welfare team where they have a need for benefits advice, housing related support or veteran welfare issues.
- Ensure the annual inspection of all properties for tenancy compliance, health and safety checks and any other housing management issues.
- To ensure and undertake estate reviews of communal areas and facilities used by RBLI residents and under the control of RBLI.
- To proactively manage rent arrears of RBLI residents. Ensuring a rent arrears policy is in place and is effectively and efficiently implemented.
- To organise a quarterly tenants meeting for village residents.
- To take part in estate walkabouts with tenants and staff to identify issues and actions required
- To provide and manage an excellent customer service regime for RBLI tenants.
- Ensure key management and financial information is produced on a timely basis to support the effective management of RBLI housing including voids, letting, rent arrears and health and safety issues.
- Report to the monthly housing review meeting and work closely with the finance and welfare teams to collate management information.
- Promote good practice in housing management and customer service. Ensuring prompt responses to resident queries.
- Compliance with all statutory housing requirements, specifically around health and safety and tenancy management.
- Ensure that tenancy files are properly filed and maintained, that new applications are properly processed and that former tenant files are held in line with GDPR obligations.
- Process and monitor complaints received relating to housing and tenancy issues
- Liaise with residents, partners and external agencies to support effective tenancy management and community development.
- Liaise with Welfare Support Officer in respect to Residents welfare needs
- Committed to achieving high standards of customer service.
- Able to lead and influence others as well as be a good team player.
- Influencing and negotiating.
- Organised and effective time manager.
- Self-motivated, disciplined and enthusiastic.
- Tenacious and resilient
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- A personal commitment to support veterans
Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience in the delivery of housing or property maintenance services
- Good knowledge of landlord responsibilities and tenancy management
- Understanding of the needs of veterans
- Proven customer service skills
- Understanding of tenancies and/or licences
- CIH Level 3 Housing Practice, or willingness to work towards.
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Housing
- Experience of managing within financial budgetary limits
25 days annual leave + bank holidays, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to email@example.com. RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
RBLI is an accredited Disability Confident Leader. We guarantee to interview disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role. If you consider yourself to have a disability and would like to apply for the above role under our disability confident scheme then please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you need additional support or any reasonable adjustments to support you in applying for this role please email email@example.com or call 01622 795917
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date