We are One Housing and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. With a breadth of services and expertise to help people whatever their housing, care, or support needs.
Our Maintenance team is skilled, friendly and we love what we do. We are passionate about the high-quality service we deliver to our residents, aiming to provide a fix first time, every time.
We offer our colleagues a friendly, collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career with a not-for-profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to people’s lives, each and every day.
Join our Maintenance team as an Area Manager
The One Housing Maintenance team keeps our customers’ homes safe and secure. Our expertise is a given and our customer focus and approachability make this a maintenance role like no other. We understand how important a well-maintained, safe, and secure home is for peoples’ well-being.
We’re an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of Area Manager. This is a brand-new role within the maintenance team, that has been created to manage our maintenance and repairs service more efficiently and ensure the customer always has an excellent experience. Our team manages the repairs and maintenance service to over 22,000 properties across London, the South East, and Home Counties.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing a team of professional trade and surveying staff with the support of subcontractors in delivering a repairs and maintenance service in one of our 3 regions (North, East, and South London).
- Improving performance using technology and innovation in an environment where the "buck" stops with you. Working in partnership with different departments within One Housing and external suppliers as required.
- Effectively managing risk by keeping people and properties safe and improving customer satisfaction with our repairs service whilst keeping within budget
- Managing complex building and diagnosing complex repairs, demonstrating an exemplary standard of customer focus, and getting it “Right First Time”
- Taking ownership and seeing projects, issues, complaints through to completion and identifying and putting in place service improvements where necessary
- Ensuring that the customer experience is positive, if not then striving to put things right with the customer at the centre of your resolutions
- Working collaboratively across One Housing all stakeholders and customers ensuring that the customer is at the centre of all decisions and actions.
What you need to succeed
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is friendly and positive. The successful candidate will:
- Have a building/Surveying related degree or equivalent trade qualification/ experience
- Experienced people manager in front line roles with strong technical knowledge
- Have experience within repairs and maintenance
- Have strong DLO experience
- Be highly customer focussed and have experience of creating and implementing action plans to improve customer satisfaction
- Hold a full Driving Licence
- Have excellent planning, communication, and stakeholder management skills
- Be a proactive self-starter
- Full Driving Licence
- Experience of working in a Health and Safety focused environment (IOSH /NEBOSH/SMSTS) is highly desirable
Our Life@One benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.
- Salary. £50,000-£55,000 with access to a branded company van or essential car users allowance up to 5000 miles.
- Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Lean travel. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues
- Looking forward to your big bucket list trip? You can buy or sell up to five days annual leave each year.
- Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
- Look after your loved ones. Our healthcare cash back plan allows you to claim back cash for you and your family’s healthcare.
- Well done! With our colleague recognition programme you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- Learning never stops. One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
- We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family 24/7.
- Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone.
Apply today for a fulfilling career in our Maintenance team.