Director of Finance
Great Places Housing Group is a modern, forward-looking profit-for-purpose organisation with over 24,000 homes and 800 staff. Our vision is to create great homes in great communities, none of which would be achievable without the great people in Great Places’ workforce. Whilst social purpose is very much at the core of what we do, we balance this responsibly with a commercial perspective to ensure our vision is sustainable in the longer term.
Great Places Housing Group has established a strong reputation for delivering homes of exceptional quality, for affordable and social rent, or to buy through shared ownership and outright sale. Working closely with customers, local authorities, Private and Public Sector and other charitable agencies, Great Places is continuously looking to improve the services they offer to address the social needs of the market.
As the incoming Director of Finance, reporting to the Executive Director of Finance, and as a member of Great Places’ Directors Team, you will be accountable for the robustness, review, and scrutiny of all financial matters of the group, ensuring best practice and continuous improvements to always be efficient and effective.
- Be accountable for the effective financial management of the Group’s affairs and the statutory, regulatory and management reporting thereon.
- Support the Executive Director of Finance in the overall management and policy formulation of the Group, with specific accountability for all financial, treasury and procurement strategies and policies.
- To produce the Group’s 30 year Business Plan, including all sensitivity analyses and stress testing scenarios, with mitigations modelled through ensuring covenants are complied with and golden rules are met.
- To monitor ongoing operational performance against financial performance, budget and business plan, identifying factors that might impact beyond the budget year and producing revised short and long term projections of material changes and proposing options for correcting under performance.
- To ensure that the Group has the required future supply of funding from a range of sources including the Capital Markets, in line with the treasury strategy and liquidity policy, at competitive interest rates and suitably hedged to protect the Group against interest rate risk.
- To oversee the Group’s Procurement activities ensuring that all procurement meets all legislative requirements and delivers value for money and social value.
- To provide inspirational leadership and direction for a wide range of colleagues working in operational and support roles. To embed a high support/high challenge culture by in line with the Competency Framework.
- To inspire and motivate staff, developing and managing team members (direct and indirect) effectively and enabling them to give their best whilst creating a culture of inclusivity.
- To work collaboratively with other Great Places directors to provide financial expertise and support to initiatives and projects, and to ensure the requirements and perspectives of the Finance team are incorporated.
- Recognised professional accountancy qualification.
- Proven relationship builder and influencer with Non-Executives, Executives, all Great Places colleagues and external stakeholders including funders, investors, credit rating agencies and the regulator.
- Proven leadership and management skills at a senior level – both strategic and operational across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Proven experience in financial management and reporting in a regulated environment.
- Great people skills and a track record in change management with outstanding commercial awareness and uncertainty.
- An ability to recognise, develop and effectively promote best practice for Great Places.
- Professional and values led with integrity, inclusivity, and respect for equality and diversity.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; Tom Neely on +44 7384717939 or Tom.Neely@berwickpartners.co.uk
Closing date for applications: Monday 7th June
In order to proceed with your application, please either:
Click 'Apply Now' if you are ready to start now.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Director £110k+ Permanent jobs in Greater Manchester
- Housing / neighbourhood management Director £110k+ Permanent jobs in Greater Manchester
- Corporate Services Director £110k+ Permanent jobs in Greater Manchester
- Finance Director £110k+ Permanent jobs in Greater Manchester
- Executive & Senior Director £110k+ Permanent jobs in Greater Manchester