Assistant Director of New Homes and Quality
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Director of New Homes and Quality to join our team in Waterloo. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of circa £100,000 per annum.
About the Assistant Director of New Homes and Quality role:
Moving forward our Development Strategy looks to maintain our current regional focus and delivery capacity so that over the current plan, we as an organisation (including Town & Country Housing), will be delivering c2,000 homes a year. As part of this we will have a focus on Peabody-led development, joint venture working with key partners and contractors and securing a mix of strategic land opportunities to build a robust pipeline.
Our successful New Homes and Quality team are key to the success of our development programme, ensuring that homes are constructed and delivered to our customers in full compliance with our rigorous quality requirements, with great customers service provided to residents of all tenures through to the completion of our 2-year defect period.
Responsibilities of our Assistant Director of New Homes and Quality:
- Leading customer services and quality monitoring for the development directorate, specifically the New Homes team, the quality inspectorate of schemes on-site and the latent defects team
- Monitoring, analysing and improving on defects performance and customer satisfaction levels through KPI’s, surveys and spot checking
- Promoting resident engagement through proactive communication of relevant activities throughout the life cycle of a development including viewings, completions demonstrations and sign-ups
- Overseeing complaints, aiming for immediate resolution and dealing with the escalation of any difficult situations
- Ensuring full compliance with all regulatory, funding, statutory and internal requirements
- Ensuring input and continuous learning from the New Homes and Quality team into the production of Peabody standard design guide, employers’ requirements and policies and procedures
- Promoting a positive health and safety culture, ensuring, as far as practicable, that activities are carried out under your control and in accordance with Peabody Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Working effectively with the Director of Design and Technical to ensure a read-across from lessons learnt to ensure cohesive technical and design standards
- Leading in the negotiation and liaison with the wider Peabody business for handover of completed homes into asset management and housing management, ensuring that development systems are fit for our purpose and compatible with the wider business
As our Assistant Director of New Homes and Quality, we are looking for:
- Substantial experience of leading and managing a multi-disciplinary department, with excellent communication skills, that generates confidence and respect with a wide variety of audiences, both internal and external
- Excellent communication skills; proven record of preparing and delivering persuasive, high quality, written and verbal reports and presentations within the organisation up to Executive and Committee level, and externally
- Established track record of building and managing effective relationships with Leaders, peers, colleagues, partners, and stakeholders
- Proven experience of successfully leading, managing, and coaching employees and supporting them through times of change
- Proficient in developing and leading on change management programmes through employee engagement, involvement, and collaboration
- Proven ability to collaborate with leaders, work cross-functionally with diverse groups
Closing date: Monday 24th May 2021, 5pm
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Assistant Director of New Homes and Quality, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities, and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+, and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by The Peabody Group.
NO AGENCY INTEREST