Head of Technical - Post Construction
- Organisation Type
- Housing association / RP
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Technical - Post Construction to join our team in Waterloo. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of circa £80,000 per annum.
About the Head of Technical - Post Construction role:
You will manage the day-to-day activities of the latent defects team and represent the development department in the technical, contractual, regulatory and project management tasks relating to the resolution and risk assessment of building and construction safety issues.
Responsibilities of our Head of Technical - Post Construction:
- Ensuring the diagnosis and remediation of latent defects identified across the portfolio is delivered with minimal cost and risk incurred to the organisation
- Ensuring risks are effectively managed, risk maps, project programmes and reports are produced which are accurate, clear and detailed
- Working closely with internal colleagues, provide specialist input into complex building safety matters to ascertain the likelihood of third party liability and support the work of internal client teams with regard to building safety
- Managing and monitoring the procurement and provision of EWS1 forms, safety cases and reporting into statutory authorities where required across the latent defect portfolio
- Formulating and presenting recommendations to a range of senior stakeholders about routes for recovery, risk, mitigation and remediation solutions
- Ensuring that effective performance monitoring arrangements and allocation of resources are in place for all applicable contracts and to anticipate and be proactive in resolving issues
- Leading internal and external legal teams to protect Peabody’s interests and ensuring the speedy resolution of cases, with minimal senior oversight
- Recruiting, managing, and appraising employees within the team, ensuring the provision of an effective, efficient, and well-motivated team with clear development and succession planning
- Monitoring and reviewing the internal and external environment to ensure compliance and best practice are adhered to, including contributing to, and leading workstreams, from Peabody’s implementation plan for the forthcoming Building Safety Bill
- Proactively reviewing feedback and performance to inform both policy and process both within the department and the wider business
- Working collaboratively with the other teams within the Development and Sales Directorate and with internal and external clients, stakeholders and partners
- Communicating progress to all stakeholders including residents, contractors/ developers and Executive- level management
As our Head of Technical - Post Construction, we are looking for:
- Professional qualification to chartered level from one of the following: MCIOB, MRICS, MCABE, MIFE is essential
- A track record in identifying and diagnosing building defects and quality issues through the lifecycle of a building
- Experience of leading a strong customer service culture across a team of diverse skills and backgrounds
- Experience working across a wide range of stakeholders to resolve complex and challenging issues
- The ability to understand and analyse various reports to provide accurate and relevant advice
- Strong commercial track record developed within a comparable environment
- Substantial experience of leading and managing a multi-disciplinary department, with excellent communication skills, that generates confidence and respect with a wide variety of audiences
Closing date: Monday 24th May 2021, 5pm
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Head of Technical - Post Construction, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities, and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+, and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by The Peabody Group.
NO AGENCY INTEREST