Building Safety Project Engineer
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Building Safety Project Engineer to join our team in Waterloo. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £55,000 - £60,000 per annum.
About the Building Safety Project Engineer role:
You will be responsible for the day-to-day management and development of upcoming temporary and permanent fire alarm installations on High Rise Residential Buildings and specialist projects. You’ll be responsible for projects from specification to delivery and commissioning with contractors, as well as reviewing and updating Peabody specifications with the Electrical Compliance Manager.
Responsibilities of our Building Safety Project Engineer:
- Applying professional knowledge of electrical services ensuring they represent high standards of quality
- Carrying out technical design, specification, managing installation and signing off alarm system installations with contractors and colleagues
- Supporting the Electrical Compliance Manager on reviewing existing and new alarm system installations and projects
- Maintaining accurate written and computerised records, collating and disseminating information
- Checking all electrical testing commissioning and servicing certification for suitability and recording remedial works for post-inspection
- Ensuring compliance with standing orders and with any published departmental standards and procedures
- Supporting and advising staff involved with the accurate diagnosis of works, preparation of any specifications, schedules of work and other contract documentation
- Controlling all time and costs spent on compliance projects to ensure that these are contained within generally prescribed or separately agreed targets
- Providing asset information of installations including providing supporting evidence and listing any faults found
- Following Health & Safety policies and procedures to ensure your own safety and that of others in the workplace
- Participating in an out of hours on-call rota if required
As our Building Safety Project Engineer, we are looking for:
- City Guilds 2391/2 & City Guilds 2381/2 BS7671 Seventeenth Edition or equivalent qualifications
- Up to date knowledge of health and safety
- Up to date knowledge of legislative developments and demonstrable ability to continually promote best practice in the workplace
- Full UK driving license and use of vehicle
- Proven Experience of working on fire alarm systems including installation and commissioning
- Proven experience and ability to deliver excellent customer care and valuing diversity
- Proven attention to detail and the ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Experience of a social housing environment
- The ability to devise, communicate, gain acceptance for and implement new ideas and technical solutions to building services problems
- Demonstrable experience and skills managing customer relationships to ensure a high level of customer care and satisfaction
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills and experience of creating and maintaining accurate and complex written and computerised records as well as collating and disseminating information
Closing date: 24th May 2021, 5pm
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Building Safety Project Engineer, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities, and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+, and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by The Peabody Group.
NO AGENCY INTEREST