Fire Risk Assessor
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Fire Risk Assessor to join our team in Waterloo. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £43,000 - £48,000 per annum.
About the Fire Risk Assessor role:
You will ensure the safety of residents and visitors in our buildings by carrying out risk assessments and by working in partnership with internal and external stakeholders to ensure our customers’ needs are met and the departmental/team objectives are achieved.
Responsibilities of our Fire Risk Assessor:
- Assessing client’s needs to ensure effective service delivery
- Advising and supporting customers in resolving their queries and issues, ensuring that their expectations are managed and proactive resolutions are identified
- Updating and maintaining systems/records to ensure that information/data is kept up to date and accurate and that KPI’s are met
- Ensuring that all policies and procedures are adhered to so that consistent and standard practice is achieved across the organisation
- Following Health & Safety policies and procedures to ensure your own safety and that of others in the workplace
- Carrying out fire risk assessments (FRA’s) on nominated properties and producing timely reports whilst managing workload
- Quality assuring FRA’s undertaken by other members of the team and implementing best practice across the team using any training of new knowledge to continuously improve the effectiveness of our risk assessments
- Reviewing existing fire precautionary measures and new works to help establish a risk-based short, medium and long-term improvement regime for the building stock
- Working with the Development Team to ensure that Fire Strategies are appropriate to the building and client types and that fire precautions are installed to the correct standard
- Working with other teams to monitor and improve internal procedures to ensure that adequate control measures are in place
- Providing support, advice and training to staff with responsibilities for the management of fire safety
- Ensuring fire risk assessment software is used and supporting the drive to use this for as many FRA’s as possible
- Ensuring FRA reports are uploaded promptly and correctly to the management system to enable the Technical Team to create action plans and the Delivery Teams to issue work efficiently
- Liaising with operational teams to resolve risks of any serious and/or imminent danger and prioritising actions arising from the FRA process
As our Fire Risk Assessor, we are looking for:
- NEBOSH fire or equivalent qualification
- Evidence of specialist training and experience, membership of a professional body, or certification by a third-party certification body
- Proven experience and ability to deliver excellent customer care and valuing diversity
- Proven attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Substantial & proven previous experience of working in a fire safety risk assessment role
- Excellent fire risk assessment skills, and a demonstrable track record of achieving effective and pragmatic assessments
- The ability to analyse and provide clear, concise solutions to problems
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel and a willingness to learn new case management and monitoring systems
- The ability to prioritise own workload, lone work and organise, without close supervision
Closing date: 26th May 2021, 5pm
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Fire Risk Assessor, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities, and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+, and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by The Peabody Group.
NO AGENCY INTEREST