We have a fantastic opportunity for an HR Advisor to join our team in Waterloo. You will join us on a full-time, fixed-term contract lasting 12 months and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of circa £33,900 per annum.
About the HR Advisor role:
You will support the Business Partnering team in providing a commercially focussed HR generalist service to designated teams within specified business areas/teams.
You will also be expected to provide excellent front-line customer service by working in partnership with internal and external stakeholders to ensure our customers’ needs are met and the departmental/team objectives are achieved.
Responsibilities of our HR Advisor:
- Developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to support our customers
- Providing professional and consistent generalist HR advice and support to deliver appropriate solutions to defined areas of the business
- Being the first point of contact for frontline managers and employees on employment issues, including absence management and general enquiries, escalating complex issues or concerns to the appropriate HR Business Partner
- Putting the customer at the heart of our work, ensuring a solutions-based service that adheres to the People First principles
- Coaching and supporting managers and their teams in the application of HR policies and practices, supporting managers to take early interventions and rigorously adhere to policies and processes
- Managing a caseload of first stage employment relations matters, as directed by the HR Business Partners
- Undertaking administrative requirements within the Business partnering team, including taking meeting notes and minutes, booking and arranging meetings or facilities and transcribing any recordings or notes from the Business Partner
- Highlighting any learning from employment relations issues and supporting or facilitating any associated policy, processing or practicing changes
- Building close and trusting relationships with business managers and HR colleagues
- Contributing and taking an active role in projects in the HR team and in the business areas
- Updating and maintaining systems/records to ensure that information/data is kept up to date and accurate and that KPI’s are met
- Ensuring all documentation is copied, collated and evidenced where required
As our HR Advisor, we are looking for:
- CIPD part / full qualified
- Ability to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven time management and prioritisation skills.
- Proven experience and ability to deliver excellent customer care and valuing diversity.
- Proven attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets
- Experience of advising managers on a range of human resources issues.
- Good working knowledge of Employment Law and HR best practice.
- Experience of using human resources databases and increasing efficiency by using information technology.
- Ability to write letters, reports, manage and interpret data and make recommendations.
- Ability to challenge and negotiate with managers without damaging relationships.
Closing date: Sunday 23rd May 2021, 5pm
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our HR Advisor, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities, and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+, and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by The Peabody Group.
NO AGENCY INTEREST