Director of Homes
- Organisation Type
- Housing association / RP
One Manchester is an innovative provider of housing and community services. Formed in April 2015 from a historic merger between two of Manchester’s largest housing associations – City South and Eastlands Homes. It currently owns and manages more than 12,000 homes in central, south and east Manchester.
At One Manchester they are passionate about working together to improve lives and help neighbourhoods thrive. They see the difference their work makes in the city and they work together to support their customers and their wellbeing.
The incoming Director of Homes will work closely with the Chief Operating Officer. The successful candidate will be leading their asset management strategy, approach to compliance and sustainability and will be responsible for transforming their repairs offering to customers. The opportunity for the Director of Homes is very clear – to take forward and innovate a repairs and investment programme to strengthen One Manchester’s role as a forward-thinking social landlord and to make positive impacts on lives and communities.
Critical to your success, will be your unerring focus on delivering a commercial approach to asset management and repairs whilst ensuring customer excellence throughout the service. You will deliver a first-class service whilst working collaboratively across the organisation.
- Work collaboratively with the Leadership Team to promote and sustain a culture to deliver the One Manchester Way of Working by leading individuals and teams to be Ambitious, Connected and Trustworthy.
- Set the strategic direction and take operational leadership to ensure the effective development and implementation of Asset Management Strategies, to balance and prioritise all OM’s investment work as defined in our asset components work and develop our 3-5 year asset programme recognising and balancing the competing priorities.
- Lead the development and implementation of the Asset Management Strategy and Investment Plans and oversee a substantial programme of capital investment in the stock, including energy, sustainability and the environment.
- Manage and direct the repairs and maintenance team in delivering to agreed targets to ensure that all operations meet its external statutory and regulatory obligations and OM’s standards and financial parameters.
- Set, manage and review the Asset Management Strategy and associated systems, policies, procedures and control mechanisms including Procurement and Contract Management and set the priorities for asset investment (including sustainability) within a framework of meaningful input from residents and other local stakeholders, taking account of the national and local housing market and environment, innovation from others, best practice examples and benchmarking in advising on options.
- To embed the emerging opportunities of smart buildings and the IoT in our asset management short medium- and long-term planning.
- To be responsible for the delivery of effective Asset Management strategies and frameworks to maximise asset values and ensure compliant and cost-effective delivery of repairs, maintenance and empty homes activities.
- Substantial experience of operating at a senior management level in property related services.
- Experience to set investment priorities and create a suitable programme of planned investment works that maximises value for money, optimises portfolio performance of the organisation’s assets and meets all statutory requirements and service standards.
- Experience of developing an asset management strategy, including the ability to fully consult with residents, staff and stakeholders ensuring that their views and requirements are effectively reviewed and incorporated and ultimately delivered.
- Track record of running a repairs and maintenance and or construction business.
- Track record of effective contract management between a landlord and other contractors.
- Experience of working collaboratively building successful working relationships with all key stakeholders and partners to achieve compliant operations and achieve asset value targets.
- Demonstrable evidence of harnessing advances in technology to change ways of working.
- A motivational leader experienced in building high performing teams and developing a customer driven performance culture with a strong continuous improvement focus.
- Proactively demonstrates a strong commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.
For further information and details on how to apply, please visit www.berwickpartners.co.uk/82972
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with Tom Neely on +44 7384717939 or Tom.Neely@berwickpartners.co.uk
Closing date for applications: 14th June 2021.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Director £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in Manchester
- Housing / neighbourhood management Director £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in Manchester
- Homes and Asset Management Director £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in Manchester
- Asset management Director £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in Manchester
- Maintenance / Repair Director £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in Manchester