Director of Culture and Communications
One Manchester is an innovative provider of housing and community services. Formed in April 2015 from a historic merger between two of Manchester’s largest housing associations – City South and Eastlands Homes. It currently owns and manages more than 12,000 homes in central, south and east Manchester.
At One Manchester they are passionate about working together to improve lives and help neighbourhoods thrive. They see the difference their work makes in the city and they work together to support their customers and their wellbeing.
The incoming Director of Culture and Communications will work closely with the Chief Transformation Officer. The successful candidate will be leading the change programme, the approach to internal and external communications and developing the culture and values to maximise colleague engagement. The opportunity for the new Director of Culture and Communications is very clear – to take forward a dynamic and ambitious change programme to strengthen One Manchester’s role as a forward-thinking social landlord and to make positive impacts on lives and communities.
- Develop and drive the internal and external communications strategy to support the Executive Team to lead on developing the culture and values of the organisation to maximise colleague engagement and achievement of the business goals and support the positioning of the business within Manchester, Greater Manchester and nationally building, enhancing, and safeguarding its reputation
- Strategically shape and deliver customer focused communication across all communities and across all media, ensuring a unified, on-target message that increases awareness of the impact of One Manchester’s work and its areas of strategic priority by communicating effectively with key stakeholders.
- Be the custodian of the One Manchester brand, ensuring that the image and reputation of the organisation is represented accurately and consistently across all media and manage the provision of marketing, branding and product advice for new and existing business areas.
- To lead on the development of an organisational development strategy which underpins transformation, business partnering, value for money, service delivery, business growth and wider business objectives.
- To lead on the development and implementation of an Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and programme to maximise colleague and customer satisfaction and wellbeing and to continually promote and encourage equality and diversity in all aspects of service delivery, policies and procedures.
- Lead on talent attraction, including innovation in recruitment to attract candidates from our neighbourhoods and underrepresented groups, engagement, retention and development strategies and the deployment of talent services for colleagues across the business and at all levels.
- Develop innovative and effective organisation wide leadership and talent development programmes to meet identified business and individual needs, maximising use of the apprentice levy where appropriate.
- Develop the OM employer brand, ensuring a positive reputation and experience through the attraction, recruitment and on-boarding journey.
- Act as a coach and mentor in the development of colleagues and teams to promote change, innovation, continuous improvement management of risk and understanding of the regulatory framework.
- Substantial and extensive experience of operating at a senior level and leading successful multi-disciplinary staff groups.
- Preference for track record and experience in leading teams in both communication and marketing and HR or demonstrable skills and experience in one area with strong awareness and understanding in the other area.
- Demonstrable evidence of leading and developing a communication and marketing strategy to a wide range of audiences.
- Experience of leading significant change and developing strategies for maximising employee engagement.
- Track record of working with senior teams to develop and embed values and culture in an organisation.
For further information and details on how to apply, please visit www.berwickpartners.co.uk/82973
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with Tom Neely on +44 7384717939 or Tom.Neely@berwickpartners.co.uk
Closing date for applications: 14th June 2021
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Director £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in Manchester
- Communications / PR Director £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in Manchester
- Marketing Director £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in Manchester
- Policy / Strategy Director £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in Manchester
- Executive & Senior Director £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in Manchester