Assistant Head of Property
Position: Assistant Head of Property
Client: Red Kite Community Housing – High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
Salary Package: Up to £60,000 per annum
Length of Contract: Permanent
Greenacre Recruitment are excited to be working exclusively with Red Kite Community Housing for an extremely sought after post of Assistant Head of Property.
We are looking for an exceptional person who will be managing the core procurement and contract management function related to work delivered by Project Managers for of various planned and cyclical work programmes and major improvement projects to protect or improve the assets of the organisation.
- Manage an operational technical team to deliver multiple programmes and large scale construction related projects
- Set key performance targets and milestones and monitor agreed deliverables across all projects, making sure that team and individual performance meets expected standards
- Develop and implement projects in line with our Asset Management Strategy
- Manage projects to minimise exposure of both financial and health and safety related risks
- Accurately forecast annual budgets in line with Business Plan requirements and manage monthly cash flow and expenditure to ensure delivery against approved sums
- Work closely with customers and stakeholders to plan and deliver work, making sure that they input into and influence outcomes
- Make sure that work is delivered equitably and fairly and maximises or protects the capital value of assets
- Work closely with the Head of Property and other senior managers and staff to develop and deliver great services and drive continuous improvement
- Commit to our vision, mission and values so that they influence every aspect of the business
- Work to make sure that we are at the forefront of good practice in the sector by carrying out research and promoting it to colleagues, partners and customers
- Pursue excellence in all aspects of the Asset Management service and the wider business
- Work closely with our Commercial Manager to ensure the right property related procurement happens at the right time
- Participating in a rota system (usually one week in every nine) to provide ad-hoc evening and weekend phone support for contractors and customers when emergency situations arise. It may also require occasional on-site attendance of emergency work e.g. major fires, floods etc. acting as our representative on-site. You may also be required to act as support to other on-call staff where higher level management input is needed or where escalation is required
- Providing leadership and management to Project Managers, managing staff performance through 1:1’s and appraisals, setting clear targets and objectives and monitoring progress
- Providing technical advice, coaching and training staff to make sure they reach they potential and demonstrate competency and knowledge requirements consistently.
- Reporting on team performance on a regular basis to senior managers and other interested stakeholders.
- Managing individual projects to an agreed project management methodology and report on progress.
- Allocating work to team members to ensure the cost effective and efficient use of resources.
- Commissioning and managing construction-related building professionals including consultants and contractors in line with corporate policy and best practice guidance.
- Supporting and assisting in the procurement of work and following official procurement processes to ensure best value outcomes.
- Producing feasibility studies, options appraisals and project briefs.
- Designing and preparing specifications for tenders, formulating budget estimates and scheme costs, seeking approval where required and raising orders for work.
- Developing pre-construction phase and construction-phase health and safety plans in line with CDM Regulations.
- Preparing contract documentation, programmes and project plans and other relevant information.
- Managing the progress of work ensuring compliance with all relevant documentation, standards and good practice guidance.
- Reconciling and settling final accounts and valuations, dealing with contractual disputes, extensions of time and variations, issuing relevant certification as appropriate.
- Producing Board reports, project update reports and other information.
A full Job Description is available on request
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Greenacre Recruitment Limited who are operating as an employment agency and business.
Apply for Assistant Head of Property
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in High Wycombe
- Asset management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in High Wycombe
- Procurement Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in High Wycombe
- Project management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in High Wycombe
- Surveying Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in High Wycombe