Environmental Operative- Grounds
We have three fantastic opportunities for an Environmental Operative- Grounds to join our team based in Thamesmead. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £22,379 per annum.
About the Environmental Operative- Grounds role:
You will provide excellent front line customer service by providing environmental services to the community of Thamesmead to ensure a clean and safe and well maintained environment.
Responsibilities of our Environmental Operative- Grounds:
- Clean the commercial areas, windows, bins, lifts as well as other areas, including litter picking and emptying all types of litter bins
- Work to an established cleaning schedule for the area allocated, ensuring good standards of cleanliness
- Carry out graffiti removal using the appropriate equipment and chemicals
- Identify and report issues outside direct control
- Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with work colleagues to ensure effective service delivery
- Follow Peabody’s Health and Safety policies and procedures to ensure, as far as is practicable, your own safety and that of others in the workplace. You may be required to undertake specific Health and Safety roles such as Fire Warden or First Aider as part of your duties
What we’re looking for in our Environmental Operative- Grounds:
- Basic literacy skills and ability to undertake training
- Understanding of Health and Safety in the workplace, with the ability to apply this with due regard whilst working in public areas
- General experience of environmental works in cleansing field
- General knowledge relating to cleansing (supported either by qualification or experience)
- Ability to carry out environmental works as contained in the job description paying particular attention to the very physical nature of the work and working in cold and dirty conditions
- Ability to use all communication equipment
- Ability to demonstrate practical experience in the use of a wide range of powered equipment with the ability to train as and when required
Closing date: Thursday 3rd June 2021, 5pm
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Environmental Operative- Grounds, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities, and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+, and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by The Peabody Group.
NO AGENCY INTEREST