Care & Support Team Manager
Care and Support Manager
Covering: Supported Living Service
An exciting opportunity to make a difference to the lives of those living with mental health problems. If you have experience of working with mental health conditions and a passion to help people gain and maintain independence, this role is for you.
Metropolitan Thames Valley are a leading housing association and we have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Care and Support Manager. You will be responsible for the provision of outcome-based support for adults with mental health support needs in a supported living service in Sheffield.
Managing and leading the service to ensure compliance with contractual, regulatory and business requirements, while delivering excellent, personalised, value for money services to customers. Effectively managing staff, service budgets and other resources to ensure commercial viability and strengthen MTVH’s market position. To ensure customer engagement in shaping service delivery.
Key Accountabilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Lead the project to ensure a high quality service is delivered to customers at all times, evidenced in high customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that MTVH’s vision and culture are embedded within core areas of responsibility and promoted to enhance the business’s reputation in the market place.
- Ensure customer and staff engagement in the development and implementation of business processes to ensure they meet changing requirements.
- Support the development and remodelling of service as needed, raising the profile of care and support services and our offer to customers.
- Ensure that the service provided is led by example, adhering to business standards, policies, processes and procedures.
- Manage the service budget to ensure all budgeted income is received and costs are in line with the budgeted expenditure
Skills / Experience / Knowledge
- A competent manager and task supervisor, with the ability to inspire teams to achieve the very best through instilling a performance management culture.
- Experience of working with people living with complex mental health problems and a sound knowledge of their needs and issues they face.
- An ability to work independently and have the confidence to deal with customers who may act in an unpredictable manner
- An excellent communicator to your customer audience, presenting care and support issues in a user-friendly manner.
- A strong commitment to customer service and overall service excellence.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation.
- Working knowledge of welfare benefits system.
- Demonstrable experience of working with vulnerable people.
- Ability to use own initiative to ensure a reliable service delivery that meets agreed deadlines.
- Experience of producing Care and/or Support Plans and Risk Assessments.
- Knowledge of health & safety issues relating to the support of vulnerable people.
- Experience of liaising with a wide range of organisations.
- Ability to produce correspondence and keep accurate records (both paper and electronic).
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage time effectively.
- Full driving licence/motorbike equivalent and access to a motor vehicle.
- Basic IT literacy.
Experience of managing a Supported Living service.
Our organisation was built on a simple mission – to give people a safe, secure, and affordable home. That is as true today as it was in the 1950’s, when our founder Molly Huggins established on organisation to provide homes for Windrush migrants in London. Our core purpose I that “everyone should have a home and the chance to live well” To fulfil this vision, we work with partners to make our neighbourhoods – new and old - sustainable and vibrant places, where our customers want to live. We put people at the heart of everything we do and to guide is in every decision we make. Through managing more than 57,000 households we work at a scale that means our actions to achieve this have real impact.
We firmly believe that by serving people better every day, we will support a healthier, better cared for, and more prosperous society in the future. Like our founders before us, we will leave a lasting legacy for future generations. Our colleagues are crucial to our success in achieving this. Therefore, we are committed to investing in colleagues and creating the opportunity for them to develop. Our working environment has been designed to be one that brings out the very best in people.
What you'll get in return
We also offer a wide range of benefits. Please take a look at our benefits document attached.
All employment decisions at MTVH are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, race or religion, sex or sexual orientation.
We are proud to have been recognised by Disability Confident for our commitment to disabled people and those with long term health conditions by providing fair and equal opportunities for all applicants enabling them to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations.
To meet our commitment to providing safe, high quality services to our customers we will complete an enhanced background check with the Disclosure and Barring service, which will include a check of the adult barred list, once an offer of employment is made.