Energy and Sustainability Manager
Energy and Sustainability Manager
London Bridge/Any location
£65,000 - £68,750
We are looking to recruit an Energy & Sustainability Manager.
Hyde Group is one of the UK’s largest housing providers, working across London, the South East, East Anglia and the East Midlands. With a turnover of £450m and 50,000 homes under management, Hyde provides services to more than 100,000 customers We are proud of our reputation for innovation. We are proud of our rich history but importantly we are very excited and inspired about what the future holds.
The Energy and Sustainability Manager is a pivotal role in helping us become an outstanding provider of energy efficient homes. We want do-ers, proactive individuals who step forward in the face of challenges, inspire others and make it easy for them to take action. We want professional people, people who aspire to be part of a brilliantly run social business who will take tough decisions and relish the challenges that face them. We want ambitious people, those who see no limits to what we can achieve, when it comes to the green agenda. And we want people who are open to dealing with the real issues, to new ways of solving problems, to other points of view and to best practice from others.
At Hyde we see a future where everybody works together towards social prosperity. It’s a future that promises to create a great energy efficient home for everyone.
Above all we are looking for an ambitious Energy and Sustainability Manager, who is passionate about green energy who wants to join us and inspire us on our low carbon journey.
Accountabilities of the Energy and Sustainability Manager:
- Responsible for the energy team in delivering services to customers and lead on delivering the objectives set out in our Energy & sustainability strategy.
- Develop, coordinate and implement strategies & policies to increase the overall energy efficiency of Hyde’s assets.
- Shape our energy investment work requirements and shape opportunities for accessing grant funding and low carbon works programmes.
- Lead on all energy related matters, optimising Hyde’s approach to energy consumption, procurement, utilisation, conservation, sustainability and management.
- Influence managing and building relationships to ensure Hyde’s clarity of purpose in energy related matters is agreed and set out, with buy-in from the Board, senior managers, staff and residents.
- Ensure that the right approach to carbon reductions for Hyde is agreed with senior managers and embedded within the organisation.
- Manage and direct contractual relationships with providers in line with agreed contracts, including regular monitoring via agreed KPIs and take remedial action where necessary.
- Take ownership of budget management for the Group’s income and expenditure for Community Energy & FITs; finding solutions that will maximise income and minimise bad debt & leading on the financial modelling of fixed & variable tariff setting for energy.
- Keep up to date with relevant legislation, best practice and changes in the external environment which have a bearing on the Hyde approach to energy and environmental matters for new and existing assets.
- Provide technical and practical advice to ensure that major opportunities, risk or issues are communicated and dealt with at strategic and operational levels.
- Drive through systematic service improvements to deliver an exemplar service that reflects best practice in the sector.
You will be required to work in the office two days a week and will need to attend meetings in London and Chichester.
Closing Date Thursday 10th June 2021
Interviews Wednesday 23rd June 2021
Apply for Energy and Sustainability Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly