At Lewisham Homes, we believe in building on potential. As a Housing Assistant, your ability to lead on rehousing enquiries and be the first point of contact for residents calling into the Housing & Communities department could have a real impact on people’s lives.
Lewisham Homes is an ambitious not-for-profit organisation focused on improving housing in the borough. As well as managing 19,000 homes on behalf of Lewisham Council. We aim to provide a better experience and more opportunities for residents, communities – and the dedicated people who join our growing team.
As a Housing Assistant, you will be responsible for supporting the Housing & Communities team by providing Housing Officers and ASB Officers assistance with a range of functions to ensure a high quality, customer focused and responsive service for Lewisham Homes residents.
If successful the main duties of your role will be:
• Provide a professional and knowledgeable service when responding to all enquiries, and strive to resolve these at the first point of contact.
• Deal with phone enquiries into the department in a pro-active and customer focused way.
• Process all rehousing and transfer requests, on the Lewisham Council Housing Register and all associated systems and schemes including Housing Moves, Home Finder UK and Home Swapper.
• Assist Housing Officers and ASB Officers with tasks around tenancy management and ASB.
• Process Change of occupants and Change of name applications.
• Keep records and complete administration tasks for the department.
• Assist and support our vulnerable residents accessing Lewisham Homes services when they cannot participate online, such as bidding and online submissions for tenancy changes.
• Support the Customer Service Team by providing cover for reception and telephone duties, as and when required.
We expect everyone at Lewisham Homes to be eager to learn new skills and to help others. As a major local employer with over 500 staff, we are committed to providing opportunities for personal development, plus flexible and agile working to help us to continue to embrace wellbeing. We also offer benefits including: season ticket loan, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, health & wellbeing benefits and membership of the local government pension scheme.
This role is will be agile working with some days being office-based.
This role is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract.
If you are a current Lewisham Homes employee, please notify your current line manager if you are applying for an internal position.
For more information about Lewisham Homes and this opportunity, please visit our website.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in London (Greater)
- Housing / neighbourhood management Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in London (Greater)
- Corporate Services Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in London (Greater)
- Administration Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in London (Greater)