Governance and Risk Manager
We have an exciting opportunity to join us as a Governance and Risk Manager based in Bristol. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £40,000 - £45,000 per annum.
We are eager to fill this role on either a permanent or interim basis and would ideally like someone to start immediately. We are also open to flexible working arrangements.
About our Governance and Risk Manager role:
The overall purpose of the Governance and Risk Manager is to work with the Board and Executive Team to ensure that high standards of governance and risk management underpin the leadership of the company and that all regulatory requirements are fulfilled.
Key Responsibilities as our Governance and Risk Manager:
- Developing, implementing and maintaining the Governance and Risk strategy
- Delivering continuous improvement of the performance of Governance activities by developing and implementing clear actions, policies and processes
- Maintaining a high level of external focus; being aware of innovation and opportunities that can support, and risks that can challenge the delivery of the organisation’s strategic delivery
- Monitoring, reporting and providing performance information on the governance, risk and assurance framework
- Being accountable for the management of budget and expenditure within the Governance and Risk function
- Working closely with the Finance Team to maintain the group’s assets and liabilities registers
- Working closely with the Resident and Community Engagement team to ensure that resident involvement arrangements contribute effectively to the organisation’s governance arrangements
- Ensuring preparedness for an IDA/other regulatory inspection
- Managing the delivery of the annual internal audit programme
- Ensuring the organisation’s compliance with the Data Protection Act, fulfilling the role of the GDPR data protection office
- Acting as the designated person in respect of regulatory and compliance obligation such as whistleblowing procedures
What we’re looking for in our Governance and Risk Manager:
- A degree-level qualification or relevant professional experience
- ICSA or legal professional qualification or relevant professional experience
- Knowledge of all relevant and required legislation and regulation
- Thorough understanding of governance, risk, audit, compliance, data protection and health and safety
- Leadership experience and experience of managing a team of colleagues
- A track record of providing in-depth strategic and operational governance support
- Experience at communicating and negotiating with and influencing a wide range of stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience of successfully managing a number of complex projects and tasks at the same time
- Proven abilities in in communicating clearly with a range of people with diverse backgrounds and cultures
You will receive the following benefits as our Governance and Risk Manager:
- Working in a friendly and supportive work environment
- Agile working (including home working)
- 28 days holidays
- Competitive Company pension
- Gym membership or Health Cash Plan
Please note, the closing date of 31st May 2021 is flexible and we are reviewing applications as they come in. We may close the vacancy early if we find the right candidate. If you are interested, please get in touch with us as soon as possible.
If you feel you have the skills and experience as our Governance and Risk Manager, then please click apply today!