Rent and Service Charge Team Leader
We are looking for a customer-focused individual to lead our hard working Rents and Service Charges Team team, responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of Service Charge Reviews on all Stonewater schemes.
In the additional information section of the application form, please provide a statement on your suitability for the role, considering the below responsibilities and ideal candidate details.
Our mission is to provide quality homes and services for people whose needs are not met by the open market.
Stonewater is a leading housing provider. We manage around 33,600 homes, serving 75,000 customers across our portfolio of affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership and sale, alongside specialist accommodation, with an ambitious house-building programme.
Our team believe in hard work. We celebrate each other’s success and are always honest with each other. That feeling that everyone around you is pulling together to get things done, when we work together we are unstoppable – they’re all part of life at Stonewater.
A career at Stonewater is a rewarding one and provides you with the opportunity to bring your individuality and skills to an organisation which embraces change and is open to new ideas. We believe that recruiting and retaining the right people is vital for our success.
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of everything we do. We recognise that our customers, colleagues, contractors and other partners are central to our success and that we work in a diverse society.
We acknowledge not only our legal, but also our moral responsibility to ensure all groups have equality of opportunity.
We also offer you the chance to be part of an organisation rated as ‘One Star in the 2020 Best Companies survey for the second consecutive year, as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
We’re looking for like-minded people to join our team of over 800 talented colleagues who embody our values of being ethical, ambitious, passionate, agile and commercial, as well as people who want to make a difference and transform people’s lives.
Our promise to you
At Stonewater we believe nothing is impossible. We’re driven by our mission, vision and values and inspire others to always strive to succeed. This passion and determination is what sets us apart. We are proud to be a place where being individuals is embraced and recognised.
So, if you want to make a real difference to people's lives and want to have a stimulating and rewarding career, we would love to hear from you.
For more information, visit our website at www.stonewater.org/careers
- To lead and manage a team of staff responsible for delivering rent and service charge services for all Stonewater customers on behalf of the Organisation including:
- The calculation and issuing of rents and service charges;
- The calculation and management of Reserve Fund contributions;
- The setting and monitoring of annual budgets.
- The calculation of service charge budgets for new schemes into management.
- To assist with applications received by the First Tier Tribunal or other legal courts or tribunals in relation to service charges and rent setting obtaining legal advice where appropriate.
- To assist with applications received by Leaseholders to exercise their Right to Manage in relation to the requirement to provide financial information obtaining legal advice where appropriate.
- Continuously review and improve the invoices and related literature issued to homeowners as part of the rent and service charge review process.
- Work closely with the Retirement Living team in ensuring that all information is made available to professionally present Year end accounts and forecasts at resident’s budget meetings.
- To answer customer queries related to service charges and analyse trends to ensure information and services meet customer’s needs.
- To assist with special projects designed to improve the delivery of service charges, efficiency and accuracy of the process and improve customer experience.
- To ensure that effective performance monitoring systems continue to deliver the high performance required.
- Actively promote a climate of high performance and quality standards, continual service improvement and value for money, ensuring that performance targets are achieved and exceeded where possible.
The ideal candidate:
- A self-starter with a strong competitive drive and passion to lead a high performing team and achieve stretching targets with minimal supervision.
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to monitor timescales to ensure statutory and stretch targets are met or exceeded in a timely manner.
- A proven track record of working within a rent setting and service charges management environment.
- A thorough understanding of Housing law and best practice.
- Strong competitive drive with a keen motivation to hit targets, including motivating and inspiring the team to drive service delivery and performance forward.
Appointment to this role will be subject to a satisfactory references and possession of a valid Right to Work document.
At Stonewater we offer excellent benefits which help make us a great place to work!
- A retirement savings plan – up to 7% matched contribution rate
- Life assurance – 3.5x contractual pay
- Career development and progression opportunities
- Holiday starting at 26 days
- Deals and Discounts on shopping, travel, optical etc.
- Healthcare cash plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual Company Day
- Values Award celebration events
- Team building days
And much more…
Stonewater supports equality of opportunities and are dedicated to being a diverse, inclusive, and supportive workplace. We are a Disability Confident employer.
Are you ready to #DiscoverStonewater?