Money Support Advisor
Lincolnshire Housing Partnership has an exciting opportunity for a Money Support Advisor to join the team based in Boston (Agile working from home available). This is a full-time, permanent position and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £19,420 to £22,847 per annum plus benefits.
LHP manages nearly 12,700 affordable homes and offers a range of other services to support people and communities across Lincolnshire. LHP was created in April 2018 following the merger of two established Lincolnshire social housing providers.
As a charitable community-based organisation we channel profit back into services and projects that benefit our customers and local neighbourhoods.
As the Money Support Advisor, you will assist the Income Officers in the collection of income by providing a comprehensive support service to customers in arrears that will provide an excellent and innovative customer focused service to deliver Lincolnshire Housing Partnerships (LHP) core priorities. The emphasis of this post is to support the collection of all income, prevent evictions and abandonments, and assist in sustaining tenancies through money management support plans and appropriate signposting to external agencies.
Responsibilities of our Money Support Advisor will include:
- Managing a portfolio of cases
- Keeping abreast of all relevant legislation, regulation and best practice such as welfare benefits and reforms as it affects income recovery
- Supporting colleagues by assisting customers with income maintenance and budgeting problems, maximising income to LHP
- Referring complex cases to the Benefits Officer, and signposting to external agencies where applicable
- Maintaining clear and concise case records and accurate performance and statistical data
- Staying abreast of banking, money management and bill payment methods
- Assisting the Income Manager and Head of Income in the performance of their duties
What we’re looking for in our Money Support Advisor:
- Experience and knowledge of the welfare benefit system
- Ability to manage a portfolio of cases
- Effective communication, organisational and time management skills
- Effective partnership working skills, including relationship building, negotiation and influencing
- Competent with using IT systems to record and retrieve data
- Experience and understanding of Health and Safety processes in the work-place and lone working
- Customer focused with good interpersonal skills
- Commitment to continuous professional development and improvement of service delivery
- Commitment to promoting equality and diversity
- Knowledge or experience of applying income recovery procedures and the application of legislation through legal enforcement processes
- Experience working within a housing or public sector environment
- Experience of MGI customer service excellence
In return for your work as our Money Support Advisor we can offer:
- An attractive benefits package including generous leave entitlement, a cash plan health scheme and recognise the importance of a work-life balance
- We also offer a range of career opportunities and encourage our colleagues to develop their skills with tailored training programmes
Closing date: Noon on 11th June 2021
If you believe you are the right candidate for the role as our Money Support Advisor, then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you