3 days left
- Organisation Type
- Housing association / RP
Southern Housing Group are looking for a Site Inspector, who will join an exciting and dynamic team, within a growing and forward-thinking organisation.
Working within the Property Maintenance and Investment team, the Site Inspector will be responsible for ensuring work is carried out safely and in accordance to our Group’s standards on a variety of our sites.
You will ensure work is completed to the agreed specifications and that all installations and/or work undertaken by the contractors conform with their contractual obligations and comply with the relevant building regulations. You will effectively document and record site inspections, handovers and site visits to ensure quality controls are met, ensuring that all work is completed in a safe manner.
You will complete site inspections across our planned maintenance and investment work (including but not limited to kitchen and bathroom replacements, windows, doors, roof and roofline goods replacement, re-cladding, building safety work, cyclical redecorating and some M&E projects and Development sites. You will attend onsite meetings with project teams and work with both internal and external stakeholders.
You will be working groupwide and will be expected to cover areas which may vary according to the programme demands and staff allocations. Wherever possible, the sites in and around Brighton and Portsmouth / North London / Kent will be assigned to the postholder, therefore, it would be advantageous for you to live close to this area.
You will need to have a full valid UK driving license and access to a vehicle in order to visit some of our sites as some are not accessible by public transport. You will also be required to attend meetings at our offices from time to time.
You will be provided with IT equipment to work in an agile way including equipment to use on site as part of your reporting, and equipment in order to work from home.
Your working week will be Monday – Friday, 35 hours per week between working hours of 0800 – 1800 to suit.
Required Skills & Experience
- You are an experienced and qualified property maintenance professional
- Experience in all aspects of site management
- Excel at customer service
- Manage your own workload
- Complete tasks to KPIs, on time and within budget
- Keep accurate and thorough records
- Proficient use of technology to assist with documenting onsite issues and progression of works
- Member of Institute of Clerk of Works, up to date CSCS card and HNC/HND or trade qualification
Please include a cover letter with your application to provide additional information on why you are the best candidate for this role.
What we’ll offer you
- A very competitive salary of £42,000- £44,000 per annum, depending on experience
- 23 days holidays plus public holidays. We also close between Christmas and New Year, so you get another 3 days bonus!
- The ability to carry over annual leave and buy extra leave
- Flexible working
- A great pension scheme
- Access to various discount cards
- Cash claim-back on medical treatments
- Employee referral scheme
- Travel to work loan
- Discounted rates on a cycle scheme, personal medical plans, life assurance, give as you earn, critical illness and travel insurance
- As an employer, we offer flexible working options to our colleagues as we recognise the importance of a good work/life balance