Vibrance has an exciting opportunity for you to join our small and busy Housing Team based in Bethnal Green. You will join us on a full time or part-time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £23,004 - £24,387 per annum plus benefits.
The Housing team provides a comprehensive housing management service to Vibrance service users living in the properties owned and managed by Vibrance. Remove this sentence it’s repetition of the sentence below.
As a Housing Officer, you will be responsible for providing a housing management service to the service users living in Vibrance owned and managed services. You will provide support to Vibrance services in relation to health and safety, maintenance, housing law and tenancy issues, rent collection, and arrears management. You’ll also provide specific support and advice to individuals who use Vibrance services with housing matters and money advice. This role will be supporting our services located across London & South- East England and as such ability to travel is essential.
Responsibilities as our Housing Officer will include:
- Meeting with prospective service users (and their carers where appropriate) to discuss all aspects of moving in and provide them with a Moving in Pack and other relevant information(including rents and charges), to ensure that people are able to make an informed decision about whether or not to move in.
- Liaising with the service manager to ensure that the accommodation is ready and suitably furnished and the move is achieved smoothly
- Signing up and explaining licence and tenancy agreements, ensuring that service users know and understand their housing rights and obligations in respect of the service
- Supporting service users to claim full entitlement to Welfare Benefits and Housing Benefits
- Acting as Corporate Appointee, liaising with the Dept of Work and Pensions and Housing Benefit staff as necessary
- Informing service users of rent increases within Vibrance’s statutory obligations and providing them with statements of their rents and charges
- Ensuring that every attempt is made to recover rent arrears, administering arrears policies as required
- Coordinating the renewal of furniture and equipment for Vibrance services, as required, in consultation with the appropriate Assistant Director of Operations, service manager and service users
- Providing housing advice and assistance on housing-related matters to people using Vibrance services
- Regularly meeting with the Rents Administrator to ensure that the information provided by the rents accounting system is appropriate and up to date
- Administering resident loans in line with Vibrance procedures
- Liaising with RSL, local authority staff and private landlords to ensure that the projects meet all their legal and administrative requirements and that properties are properly maintained
- Where necessary, meeting with service users to discuss breaches in their tenancy/Licence agreement
Skills and experience of our ideal Housing Officer:
- GCSE Maths /English (or equivalent)
- Willingness to undertake relevant a Housing qualification
- The ability to demonstrate experience in the field of Housing
- Experience of working with a vulnerable client group
- The ability to engage in effective verbal communication with service users, Vibrance staff and other professionals
- Good administrative skills and the ability to produce accurate and relevant work, both written and computer-based
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and email or similar systems
- Some basic knowledge of Welfare Benefits and property maintenance
- Knowledge of basic health and safety practice
- The ability to interpret financial records required for monitoring charges, rents, arrears, etc
- The ability to work effectively with people from statutory authorities and other agencies
- Commitment to diversity and anti-discriminatory practice and to Housing and the provision of a high standard housing management service
In return for your skills, knowledge and experience, you'll enjoy all the support you need to develop a rewarding career, including an opportunity to attend a comprehensive training programme covering core skills, Corporate Induction and continue your professional development.
We also offer a range of benefits, including a generous holiday entitlement, a contributory pension scheme and recognition of service awards.
Closing date: Monday 21st June 2021
Interviews scheduled for 29th & 30th June 2021
To join us as our Housing Officer please click apply below.