Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 7,500 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £90 million and a development programme that will deliver over 400 new affordable homes each year.
About the Role
We currently have opportunities for part time (22.5 hours per week) Care Assistants to work within a registered care home where we support people with learning disabilities and mental health problems. We have positions based at our services at
The Crossings, Wendover and Oakmead, Weston Turville.
Working as part of a dedicated team, you`ll support service users with their day to day needs to enable individuals to lead independent and fulfilling lives. This will involve assisting individuals with:
- personal care needs
- mealtimes and social activities
- day trips out
- attending appointments and maintaining their health and well-being
- promoting skills and involvement including shopping and domestic tasks such as cooking and cleaning
- support in any other areas of their daily living.
As a care assistant, you`ll follow agreed support plans and risk assessments to ensure that we are providing a highly effective service that meets each individual`s needs, supports their aspirations and maximises their independence.
You`ll be a caring and enthusiastic individual with a `can-do` attitude, who is driven by the desire to make a difference and have the ability to recognise and understanding the needs of vulnerable adults with learning disabilities. Desired qualities will include:
- Effective communicator using different methods according to the complex needs of those in your care.
- Previous experience as a care assistant is desirable but not essential.
- Ability to work shifts as part of a rota system, including some weekend and bank holiday working
- Teamwork and flexibility are key to the success of the services we provide, as is a clear commitment to equality and diversity
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
- £10,881 pa for a 22.5 hour week (£9.30 per hour)
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for use at work
- Access to COVID-19 vaccinations
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Fully paid DBS
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please download the job description and click apply below.
Appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory right to work, enhanced DBS, reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Aylesbury
- Care and support Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Aylesbury
- Housing / neighbourhood management Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Aylesbury
- Social Care Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Aylesbury
- Supported / sheltered housing Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Aylesbury