£22,000 - £22,500 + Benefits
Fixed Term until 24th September 2021
Beeston, Nottingham, NG9
You will be responsible for providing a professional, telephone-based income collection service for our tenants who are in arrears. This will be achieved through effective account management (excluding attendance at court, evictions and home visits). Providing a first class customer focused service is hugely important in this role.
You are required to liaise with Housing Benefit departments and with the DWP to ensure payments due are received and to assist customers with their claims.
You will need to negotiate with customers to ensure debts are collected and payment plans are in place.
What you'll need to succeed
- An understanding of the legal framework relating to arrears and debt recovery.
- Knowledge of Housing Benefit, Universal Credit and other Welfare Benefits.
- The ability to negotiate payments and collect debts.
- Exceptional telephone communication skills as well as good written skills.
Our organisation was built on a simple mission – to give people a safe, secure, and affordable home. That is as true today as it was in the 1950’s, when our founder Molly Huggins established on organisation to provide homes for Windrush migrants in London. Our core purpose I that “everyone should have a home and the chance to live well” To fulfil this vision, we work with partners to make our neighbourhoods – new and old - sustainable and vibrant places, where our customers want to live. We put people at the heart of everything we do and to guide is in every decision we make. Through managing more than 57,000 households we work at a scale that means our actions to achieve this have real impact.
We firmly believe that by serving people better every day, we will support a healthier, better cared for, and more prosperous society in the future. Like our founders before us, we will leave a lasting legacy for future generations. Our colleagues are crucial to our success in achieving this. Therefore, we are committed to investing in colleagues and creating the opportunity for them to develop. Our working environment has been designed to be one that brings out the very best in people.
What you'll get in return
We also offer a wide range of benefits. Please take a look at our benefits document attached.
All employment decisions at MTVH are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, race or religion, sex or sexual orientation.
We are proud to have been recognised by Disability Confident for our commitment to disabled people and those with long term health conditions by providing fair and equal opportunities for all applicants enabling them to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Nottinghamshire
- Housing / neighbourhood management Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Nottinghamshire
- Revenues / benefits Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Nottinghamshire
- Tenant services Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Nottinghamshire
- Corporate Services Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Nottinghamshire