5 days left
- Organisation Type
- Housing association / RP
At Lewisham Homes, we believe in building on potential. As an Environment Assistant, your ability to carry out cleaning to all internal communal areas in accordance with health and safety and COSHH regulations could have a real impact on people’s lives.
Lewisham Homes is an ambitious not-for-profit organisation focused on improving housing in the borough. As well as managing 19,000 homes on behalf of Lewisham Council. We aim to provide a better experience and more opportunities for residents, communities – and the dedicated people who join our growing team.
As an Environment Assistant, you will be responsible for overseeing the external and internal cleaning of sheltered blocks or designated area.
If successful the main duties of your role will be:
- Carry out cleaning to all internal communal areas using chemicals and equipment provided in accordance with health and safety and COSHH regulations. Cleaning areas include lobbies, corridors, lifts, chute rooms and bin chambers, staircases, landings, walls and windows etc.
- Carry out external sweeping and lumber removal when required
- Maintain a good cleaning standard in staff welfare facilities
- To receive and check store supplies and maintain a tidy and safe store room.
- Display team working qualities by providing cover at other blocks when needed.
- To ensure all hazards are removed from the block and ensure lights are working (changing bulbs is a requirement).
- Ensure all equipment and PPE is safe to use, reporting any defects to the Caretaking Manager or Supervisor.
- Report any accidents or near misses or any incident that may give cause for concern to the Supervisor or the Caretaking Team Manager.
- To report required repairs to the relevant team.
- To report all ASB issues to the relevant team.
- To carry out fire checks in line with Lewisham Homes’ Clear Corridors and Fire Risk Assessment Policies.
We expect everyone at Lewisham Homes to be eager to learn new skills and to help others. As a major local employer with over 500 staff, we are committed to providing opportunities for personal development, plus flexible and agile working to help us to continue to embrace wellbeing. We also offer benefits including: season ticket loan, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, health & wellbeing benefits and membership of the local government pension scheme.
Please note this role is full time, working 36 hours a week, with a requirement to work every other weekend.
Interviews will be held week commencing 5th July 2021.
For more information about Lewisham Homes and this opportunity, please visit our website.