Application Support Analyst
The One Housing Service Desk provides support and service expertise to Housing Associations/Authorities across the UK and business alike. The primary focus of the Service Desk is to manage incidents to find an effective resolution.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, creative and a real team player, demonstrating an ability to work well within the Service Desk team as well as with both internal and external stakeholders. The tools provided coupled with a creative mind set, will enable the successful candidate to translate the customers’ incidents into a viable solution and provide supporting documentation for all customers. This position will involve working alongside Senior Analysts, Development and other personnel to transfer and enhance knowledge.
The candidate will aim to exceed targets and standards set by their Team Leader and the Service Charter. They will have a responsibility to ensure that service level agreements are met and that both internal / external customers receive a timely response to their requests.
What you will be doing:
- To provide technical support on our product to external clients
- Identify and resolve technical issues
- Take ownership of customer Incidents to ensure timely and effective solutions are provided.
- Thoroughly investigate reported Incidents/Defects through fact gathering and remote support.
- First line of defence in finding the root cause of an issue
- Build strong relationships with Business Analysts, Knowledge Specialists and Technical personnel to identify workarounds, solutions and opportunities for knowledge creation.
What we're looking for:
- Experience of successful customer service.
- Excellent communication skills, being able to convey complex and difficult issues both verbally and in writing to customers with varying levels of technical expertise
- Excellent analytical, process-oriented, organisational and problem-solving skills
- Relevant Application Support / Software Support experience
Experience with any of the following technologies / discipline would be an advantage:
- Working knowledge of IIS and Web Architecture
- Capita Open Housing
- Housing associations, charities or authorities
- Data interrogation and analysis (e.g. Excel, CSV, XML, SQL etc.)
- Progress Database
- SQL Server / SQL Server Management Studio
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You’ll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita’s offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we’re doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.