Housing is a major growth opportunity for the Legal & General Group and is a high profile initiative supported by the Board executive. L&G Affordable Homes is a new wholly owned subsidiary of Legal & General, tasked with bringing much-needed, volume institutional equity capital to the UK social housing sector.
As Development Manager, you'll support the Head of Development (Midlands) to source, appraise, scrutinise and contract s106, package deals, land led and joint ventures.
What you'll be doing:
- Undertake business development activities in relation to the new business opportunities within the designated area targeting, overseeing the pricing and negotiation of schemes, and executing affordable housing forward funding and direct acquisitions from house builders and developers.
- Prospect opportunities, appraising the schemes jointly with Finance and Operations teams, and then appraising and testing schemes in accordance with the approved investment parameters and the scrutiny processes and reporting to the Head of Development, review and ensure that scheme appraisals are 100% accurate.
- Peer reviewing schemes as required and providing recommendations to manage risks, optimise quality and deliver good value for money.
- Ensure a robust sign-off process is followed in line with agreed governance policies, operating within agreed financial and risk parameters.
- Manage all negotiations in a transparent, trustworthy and honest manner and to ensure the reputation of the company is safeguarded at all times and ensure that projects are contracted in accordance with the approvals and in accordance with the adopted policies and procedures.
- Effectively plan, monitor and disburse all items of expenditure associated with the acquisition pipeline.
- Be responsible for the effective contracting and work with the project management team to ensure the successful project management of schemes to ensure they are delivered in accordance with the programmes and to a high quality of finish and a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Monitor scheme bidding performance and pricing to ensure that the team are procuring at values which reflect the needs of the business.
- Lead and maintain relationships with partners to ensure we are a valued and trusted partner and are presented with opportunities as they arise.
- Manage the consultant team, emphasising importance of meeting targets and supporting the team as necessary.
- Meet with vendors and negotiate commercially viable deals on the best commercial terms available, working with the wider team in the development appraisal process
What we're looking for:
- You'll have an excellent academic background, with a numerical aptitude
- Track record of sourcing and contracting residential affordable housing investments and/or developments and maintaining trustworthy relationships with developers and house builders that are current and potential future partners and clients
- You'll have substantial local knowledge of both the social housing and wider residential sectors, in particular an expert understanding of social housing development, housing management and regulatory requirements
- You'll have a self-driven entrepreneurial spirit that embraces change and opportunity
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, 10% car allowance, life assurance, family private medical insurance, 25 days' holiday, performance related bonuses. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £30,000 to £60,000 Permanent jobs in Solihull
- Business development Manager £30,000 to £60,000 Permanent jobs in Solihull
- Residential Development & Construction Manager £30,000 to £60,000 Permanent jobs in Solihull
- Development / regeneration Manager £30,000 to £60,000 Permanent jobs in Solihull