Project & Quality Manager (12 Month Fixed Term Contract)
Housing is a major growth opportunity for the Legal & General Group and is a high profile initiative supported by the Board executive. L&G Affordable Homes is a new wholly owned subsidiary of Legal & General, tasked with bringing much-needed, volume institutional equity capital to the UK social housing sector.
You'll manage the delivery of a number of s106-delivered affordable schemes, from legal contracting of the opportunity to practical completion and snagging.
You'll report to the Head of Development (Midlands) and work alongside the customer care team, the technical advisor, operations teams, external lawyers, sales team, EA and finance teams to ensure the successful and timely delivery of the projects.
A driving licence is required for this role as there will be regular travel across the Midlands.
What you'll be doing:
- Ensure that the approved contractual arrangements are in place for each project and that the contract arrangements are in accordance with the approvals.
- Instructing and managing the employers’ agent for each project and ensuring that the employers’ agent is effectively managing the schemes and payments.
- Be responsible for the monthly reforecasting of programmes and payments in relation to each scheme.
- Being responsible for monthly project updates to finance, operations, sales and customer care, so the other teams can plan their resources in relation to the projects.
- Administering the contracting and payments process in relation to each project.
- Liaising with the relevant developer of each site, to ensure that all aspects of the development are being implemented in accordance with the agreed plans and programmes.
- Conduct any negotiations in a transparent, trustworthy and honest manner and to ensure the reputation of the company is safeguarded at all times as well as ensuring that projects are contracted in accordance with the approvals and with the adopted policies and procedures.
- Effectively plan, monitor and disburse all items of expenditure in accordance with agreed contracts.
- Generally project-manage schemes to ensure they are delivered in accordance with the programmes.to a high quality of finish and a high level of customer satisfaction ensuring that these standards are met by all counterparties and only accepting handover of schemes that meet these standards.
- Maintain relationships with developers, contractors and advisors to ensure we are a valued and trusted partner and are presented with opportunities as they arise.
- Ensure, at all times, that the management and financial information in relation to each s106 scheme is up to date and accurate.
What we're looking for:
- You'll have a strong academic background, with a numerical aptitude
- Experience in the project management of housing and development schemes
- Track record of maintaining trustworthy relationships with developers and house builders that are current and potential future partners and clients
- Good experience in contract management
- You'll have knowledge of both social housing and possibly the wider residential sectors, in particular an expert understanding of social housing development, housing management and regulatory requirements
- Experience in the project management and financial management of affordable housing schemes generally delivered through s106 programmes
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, 10% car allowance, life assurance, employee private medical insurance, 25 days' holiday, performance related bonuses. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
Legal & General Affordable Homes is a subsidiary of Legal & General Capital, which invests its long-term capital into sectors where there has been a shortage of investment and innovation, focusing on growth opportunities and scale ups. Focused on supporting the UK’s demographic and affordable living needs, and consistent with Legal & General’s housing growth strategy, Legal & General Affordable Homes is leading the evolution of the affordable housing sector with an aim to become the leading private affordable housing provider in the UK. Through collaborating with developers, housing associations and public sector bodies across the country, L&G Affordable Homes is forward-funding new build affordable housing, bringing volume institutional capital to the social housing sector with initial target markets being affordable rent, shared ownership and rent-to-buy.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £30,000 to £60,000 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Solihull
- Project management Manager £30,000 to £60,000 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Solihull
- Residential Development & Construction Manager £30,000 to £60,000 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Solihull
- Construction Manager £30,000 to £60,000 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Solihull
- Development / regeneration Manager £30,000 to £60,000 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Solihull