Team Administrator (Midlands)
L&G Affordable Homes (LGAH) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Legal & General, tasked with bringing much-needed, volume institutional equity capital to the UK social housing sector.
We're recruiting for a Team Administrator to support the Development team in the delivery of affordable schemes from legal contracting of the opportunity to practical completion, snagging and handover to customers.
You'll be predominantly homebased, but may be required to travel occasionally so a driving licence is required.
What you'll be doing:
- Establishing and maintaining project files, setting up and maintaining electronic files of key scheme data and the upload and management of accurate information into the LGAH database
- Assistance in the preparation of project briefs, key project info and photographic records
- Assisting with internal project updates and audit inspections
- Responsible for running mini tenders and relevant appointment of consultants
- Following up on actions which come out of Project Team Meetings where necessary to support the (Project & Quality Manager) PQM’s
- Adhoc assistance with the administration of snagging and de-snagging to ensure homes are delivered in accordance with the programme, to a high quality of finish and a high level of customer satisfaction ensuring that these standards are met by all counterparties and only accepting handover of schemes that meet these standards
- Assisting the PQM’s with monthly project updates to finance, operations, sales and customer care, so the other teams can plan their resources in relation to the projects
- Working with the customer service team to monitor performance and to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction are always achieved
- Liaise with the Contract Management Team to ensure well established lines of communication with our Management Partners and work with the PQM to ensure a smooth transition of homes from LGAH to the Management Partner
- Assisting the PQM to programme and coordinate handovers and ensure that void periods are minimised, and customer expectations are met
- Assisting with the handover of homes to ensure all the required property information in relation to that home is validated and confirmed as correct and loaded onto the LGAH data systems
What we're looking for:
- You'll have a strong academic background
- Experience in using Microsoft Office including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, Sharepoint and video conferencing
- You'll have strong administration experience, ideally with a technical team
- Excellent planning and organisation skills with the ability to prioritise your workload
- You'll have a self-driven entrepreneurial spirit that embraces change and opportunity
- You'll be able to communicate positively and effectively with internal and external teams and be content to take directions from another, but equally able to direct others
- Previous experience/knowledge of both social housing and possibly the wider residential sectors would be beneficial
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, employee private medical insurance, 25 days' holiday, performance related bonuses. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
Legal & General Affordable Homes is a subsidiary of Legal & General Capital, which invests its long-term capital into sectors where there has been a shortage of investment and innovation, focusing on growth opportunities and scale ups. Focused on supporting the UK’s demographic and affordable living needs, and consistent with Legal & General’s housing growth strategy, Legal & General Affordable Homes is leading the evolution of the affordable housing sector with an aim to become the leading private affordable housing provider in the UK. Through collaborating with developers, housing associations and public sector bodies across the country, L&G Affordable Homes is forward-funding new build affordable housing, bringing volume institutional capital to the social housing sector with initial target markets being affordable rent, shared ownership and rent-to-buy.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?