Housing Project Manager
Living and working in Bristol is fantastic – but we need more homes. Can you help us deliver them?
Make more of your expertise and drive. Join us in delivering an ambitious programme to provide exceptional new homes in Bristol.
Regularly voted to be one of the best places to live in the UK, Bristol has excellent green credentials, and cultural amenity. With a diverse and growing population, Bristol City Council is determined to make sure this growth benefits all.
What will I be doing?
As part of a multi-disciplinary team you will deliver housing and regeneration schemes creating successful high quality places for people to live and work.
In accordance with strategic priorities you will work with the Mayor, funders, developers, Housing Associations and community stakeholders to develop and deliver schemes which achieve local objectives. You’ll also be involved in the procurement and management of consultants, contractors and developers whist achieving best value.
What do I need?
- You will have relevant experience of working within a Local Authority, housing association, or other housing development role;
- Along with good budget and people management skills you’ll bring a track record of successful partnership working with a range of stakeholders to deliver major capital projects;
- You’ll also have a thorough understanding of the policy context within which Local Authorities, housing associations and other developers are operating and how these polices impact on the delivery of housing;
- You will be qualified to graduate and/or professional level in housing, construction or project management.
Why Bristol City Council?
At Bristol City Council, we work together to make Bristol a better place – now and for future generations. We’re a high-profile, fast-moving organisation that goes the extra mile for our own people, too.
Join us, and you’ll thrive in our supportive environment, with every opportunity to build on your existing skills and develop new ones. We also offer a generous rewards package including flexible working and flexi-time, membership of the Local Government Pension scheme, and generous annual leave allowance.
How do I apply?
If you share our values and are ready to be part of our exciting journey, please select the apply button below.
To be shortlisted for interview you’ll need to demonstrate how you meet each of the essential criteria in the Person Specification within the Further Information section of your application. On occasion we will receive high numbers of applications, we may then shortlist against the desirable criteria along with the essential criteria, so if you can, please demonstrate how you meet this in your application.
If you have any further queries after reading the job advert along with the attached job paperwork then please contact Kieran Highman, Senior Project Manager on email@example.com or 0117 3525 061.
At Bristol City Council, we value having a workforce as diverse as the city we serve. We therefore welcome, develop and promote people from all sections of the community. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates who are currently under-represented within this Service of Bristol City Council. Appointments will be made on merit.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Bristol
- Housing / neighbourhood management Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Bristol
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Bristol
- Project management Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Bristol
- Residential Development & Construction Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Bristol