Garden Services Operative
1 day left
- Organisation Type
- Housing association / RP
Garden Services Operative/Grounds Maintenance
As one of the largest providers of affordable housing and care services in England, The Guinness Partnership is here to improve people’s lives and create possibilities for them. Our vision is to deliver great service, provide great homes, to be a great place to work and to be a great business. Everything we do is about our customers, our communities and our people. And every pound we make is invested in achieving our social purpose.
Overview of the Role
Reporting into the Estates Services Officer, you will be responsible for providing high quality grounds and garden services to several of our estates in the Chelmsford, Southend, Romford and Colchester areas.
We are looking for someone who has experience of delivering grounds maintenance across a variety of sites & garden types, and has knowledge of Health & Safety legislation, including COSHH and PPE. We are looking for an individual who has an understanding of how to use mobile working devices.
The successful applicant will join us on a permanent contract, working 35 hours per week. The salary is £19,879 rising to £20,925 after 12 months.
And will be provided with a van which can be collected daily from one of our Hubs - Shoeburyness, Basildon, Colchester, Hornchurch, and Billericay. The Hub base will be dependent on the individual and business requirements.
- Provide a high quality service ensuring compliance with agreed standards, specifications and timescales.
- Represent Guinness on site, working with customers, contractors and colleagues to provide access, reporting responsive repairs, fly tipping, graffiti and safeguarding alerts.
- Record customer feedback and suggestions, acting on minor changes and collating information to support decisions on service improvement.
- Ensure company vehicles are kept in a clean condition, with regular maintenance and compliance checks taking place to ensure safety of use.
- Foster positive working relationships with customers, colleagues and contractors to improve the overall appearance of estates.
- Operate, store and maintain equipment to comply with Health and Safety procedures including COSHH, PPE and prompt reporting of incidents on site.
- Deliver services to standards and specifications, ensuring awareness of the need to deliver a cost effective service to customers.
- Accurately record time spent delivering services.
- Support Training and apprentice development.
Skills & Experience
- Proven professional experience of delivering grounds maintenance across a variety of sites and garden types
- Experience and Knowledge of lawn, shrub and plant care
- Proven experience of achieving high levels of customer satisfaction
- Ability to carry out physical tasks within Health & Safety guidelines
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Ability to work un supervised
- Ability to use all equipment safely and effectively.
- Ability to work effectively without high levels of supervision
- Able to demonstrate Guinness Behaviours
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation, including COSHH and PPE
- NVQ 2 or 3 in Horticulture or of RHS/City and Guilds/HND equivalent
- PA1, PA4b and PA6 NPTC Certificates
Please note that a holding a full clean UK driving licence is essential for this role.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Officer £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Chelmsford
- Housing / neighbourhood management Officer £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Chelmsford
- Homes and Asset Management Officer £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Chelmsford
- Facilities management Officer £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Chelmsford
- Maintenance / Repair Officer £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Chelmsford