Supported Housing Manager
7 days left
- Organisation Type
- Housing association / RP
Interviews week commencing 28th June 2021.
This role is the chance for you to make a real difference to the lives our customers, managing the day to day delivery of quality supported living services across our young people, learning disabilities, and homelessness services in the Poole and Dorset area.
You will have a unique opportunity to implement and deliver excellent supported housing services, delivering quality community and accommodation based support for some of the most vulnerable members of our communities, ensuring these services are truly co-produced with our customers.
Our mission is to provide quality homes and services for people whose needs are not met by the open market.
Stonewater is a leading housing provider. We manage around 32,500 homes, serving 70,000 customers across our portfolio of affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership and sale, alongside specialist accommodation, with an ambitious house-building programme.
Our team believe in hard work. We celebrate each other’s success and are always honest with each other. That feeling that everyone around you is pulling together to get things done, when we work together we are unstoppable – they’re all part of life at Stonewater.
A career at Stonewater is a rewarding one and provides you with the opportunity to bring your individuality and skills to an organisation which embraces change and is open to new ideas. We believe that recruiting and retaining the right people is vital for our success.
We also offer you the chance to be part of an organisation rated as ‘One Star’ in the 2020 Best Companies survey for the second consecutive year, as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
We’re looking for like-minded people to join our team of over 800 colleagues who embody our values of being ethical, ambitious, passionate, agile and commercial, as well as people who want to make a difference and transform people’s lives.
Take a look at this presentation we produced to learn more about our Supported Housing teams:
Here’s some of the key accountabilities and measures;
- Coordinate the team at the services; undertaking tasks such as interview and selection, supervision and development activities.
- Ensure exceptional service delivery in alignment with the Supported Living Strategy and Supported Living Growth Plan, and to keep up-to-date with local and national developments affecting supported housing responding and sharing information with the team as appropriate.
- Manage commissioner and funder relationships applicable to your services, including responsibility for quarterly reporting. Being a key contact for these partners and responding in a timely manner to communications.
- Promote the service through marketing activities and networking, working closely with key agencies, local businesses and education providers.
- Co-ordinate the effective delivery of personalised support plans and delivery for all individuals accessing the service; either through internal staffing resources or via navigation of suitable third party agencies.
- Drive our financial inclusion agenda within your team, supervising the monitoring of rent arrears and ensuring that monies owed by Housing Benefit or by residents are dealt with swiftly according to policy and practice.
- Be the Safeguarding Champion for the services, advising and overseeing complex safeguarding caseloads.
- Planning and encouraging regular resident liaison, encouraging residents to participate in the running of the services and striving to achieve true customer co-production of the services that we deliver.
Skills and Experience;
The ideal candidate will have/be;
- Relevant Level 3 qualifications or equivalent working experience.
- Experience working in a similar environment or demonstrable transferable skills.
- Knowledge of the supported housing sector, funding frameworks, government policy and support services.
- Working knowledge of support planning and assessing risk with the ability to work positively and creatively with vulnerable people who’s needs can be challenging.
- Effective people management and supervision skills.
- Knowledge of housing and benefits advice.
- A thorough understanding of safeguarding issues and managing risk.
- A commitment to Equality and Diversity.
- IT competent and able to use Word and Excel proficiently.
- Good time management and able to work under pressure and manage a complex caseload and conflicting priorities.
Appointment to this role will be subject to a satisfactory, Disclosure and Barring Service Check, satisfactory references and possession of a valid Right to Work document.
Our promise to you
At Stonewater we believe nothing is impossible. We’re driven by our mission, vision and values and inspire others to always strive to succeed. This passion and determination is what sets us apart. We are proud to be a place where being individuals is embraced and recognised.
So, if you want to make a real difference to people's lives and want to have a stimulating and rewarding career, we would love to hear from you.
At Stonewater we offer excellent benefits which help make us a great place to work!
- A retirement savings plan – up to 7% matched contribution rate
- Life assurance – 3.5x contractual pay
- Career development and progression opportunities
- Holiday starting at 26 days with the option to buy/sell
- Deals and Discounts on shopping, travel, optical etc.
- Healthcare cash plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual Company Day
- Values Award celebration events
- Team building days
And much more…
Stonewater supports equality of opportunities and are dedicated to being a diverse, inclusive, and supportive workplace.
Are you ready to #DiscoverStonewater?
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Poole
- Homelessness Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Poole
- Housing / neighbourhood management Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Poole
- Residential Development & Construction Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Poole
- Health and safety Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Poole