Interim Internal Audit Manager
Are you a hands-on experienced internal auditor with a solid understanding of risk management tools and techniques?
We’re one of the largest G15 Housing Associations, providing services to over 71,000 customers across more than 30,000 mixed-tenure properties in in the South of England. We’re a successful, forward-thinking organisation ranked within the top 50 Best Companies to work for in London, as well as the top 100 best not-for-profit organisations!
We’re looking for a talented Interim Internal Audit Manager to join our team based in Farringdon, the buzzing yet cultural area of London which is centrally located and easy to access via various means of transport. We offer the flexibility for agile working to allow you to work from home when necessary, so we’ll provide you with mobile working equipment.
The role in detail:
Playing a pivotal, hands-on role within the Governance team, you’ll manage the Group Internal Audit and Assurance function, providing an objective evaluation and opinion on the overall adequacy and effectiveness of the Group’s framework of governance, risk management and internal control to the Board. Duties will include:
- Conducting a range of internal audits and routine checks on process and performance, particularly in the area of Health & Safety
- Line management of the Assurance Officer
- Producing and presenting audit and assurance reports
- Ensuring audit recommendations are acted upon effectively
- Managing the relationship with firms commissioned to provide internal audit reports
The role is interim until October 2021, working 35 hours per week Monday to Friday. The successful candidate must be available to start on 21st June 2021. Interviews will take place on 18th June 2021 (via Microsoft Teams).
What we need from you:
- Experienced internal auditor to manager level
- Previous experience of managing a small team
- Hold a recognised audit qualification
- Have a solid understanding of risk management tools and techniques
- Possess good knowledge of the housing sector
- Ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines
- Good at problem solving, highly organised and analytically minded
- A strong communicator who is confident working with various internal and external stakeholders
There is an opportunity to include a cover letter with your application. Please utilise this to provide additional information on why you are the best candidate for this role, matching your skills and experience to the criteria as set out in the job role profile and person specification. Unfortunately if you are not able to demonstrate how you meet the above skills and criteria within your CV, cover letter or application then you will not be shortlisted.
What we’ll offer you
- A competitive salary of circa to £55,000 pro-rata, depending on experience
- 23 days holidays plus public holidays, pro rata
- Access to various discount cards
- Cash claim-back on medical treatments
- More information can be found on our careers page – www.shgroup.org.uk/about-us/careers/
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in London (Greater)
- Finance Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in London (Greater)
- Government and compliance Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in London (Greater)
- Legal Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in London (Greater)