Incredible opportunity to play a leading role at a private property company owned by a local authority. The company was set up to maximise the potential of developing on council owned land, with a focus on delivering more affordable homes in the borough and leading on major regeneration projects on behalf of the council. The organisation aims to deliver over 4,000 homes, both private and affordable in the next 10 years, which have been identified as part of the regeneration across the borough and has a target to develop, own and manage up to 1,000 affordable homes by 2035.
A Managing Director is needed to lead, develop, and manage the company on a day-to-day basis. You will steer the company forward, helping it to grow and deliver new homes and exciting regeneration plans in the borough. As the company is heavily involved in new build regeneration development, the role will require someone from a residential development background with experience of regeneration and joint venture working arrangements and is MRICS qualified.
The role involves:
- Running the company effectively to ensure it delivers sustainable levels of profitability and growth, that is compliant, financially efficient and is professionally governed.
- Monitoring budgets to ensure that targets are met and that revenues are maximised.
- Providing strategic advice to the Chair and members of the Board.
- Establishing a development programme, identifying development opportunities, managing the process of land acquisition and project / programme management to ensure successful delivery.
- Leading the major regeneration programme for the area working with external service providers including the local authority.
- Managing a small team of staff to develop the property portfolio and growing the team as business needs require.
- Working with internal and external partners to establish a portfolio of existing and new residential property and managing the portfolio as private market and all forms of affordable tenure.
The successful candidate will need:
- Understanding of the requirements for running and managing a private company limited by shares.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- A thorough understanding of the residential property market and affordable housing.
- Experience of residential property regeneration, development, acquisition, and management.
- The ability to manage a team of staff and service providers offering outstanding customer service to both corporate and individual clients.
This is a fantastic opportunity to advance your career and run a private limited company whilst working closely with a joint venture development partner.
For more details and a recruitment pack visit www.oceanedge.biz
For a confidential chat about this opportunity please contact Philip Foster at Ocean Edge Executive Search on 023 8000 1153.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Chief executive £110k+ Permanent jobs in Windsor
- Asset management Chief executive £110k+ Permanent jobs in Windsor
- Business development Chief executive £110k+ Permanent jobs in Windsor
- Project management Chief executive £110k+ Permanent jobs in Windsor
- Residential Development & Construction Chief executive £110k+ Permanent jobs in Windsor