Leasehold & Service Charge Officer
The Home Ownership & Service Charge team at MTVH is in a time of change and we are looking for dynamic people to join us on our journey to help us shape and influence our service delivery.
Based at our fantastic new office in the heart of Farringdon you will be managing a team dealing with service charge & ground rent setting, as well as helping us to review and implement changes and improvements in our approach to this.
Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing has a vision that “everyone has a home and the opportunity to live well”; that means working with partners to create sustainable and vibrant neighbourhoods where our customers want to live. With 57,000 homes and more than 120,000 residents and customers we have a real opportunity to make that vision a reality. Our people care, dare and collaborate to ensure we achieve this People Powered Living.
Set, prepare and manage estimated service charges budgets across all tenures.
Monitor expenditure of charges against budget and work with the housing and contract management teams to make adjustments and take other relevant action where necessary.
Monitor and manage accurate coding of bills and invoices.
Liaise with Managing Agents to ensure invoices and accounts are received for each financial year and billed in line with the terms of the lease.
Review sinking fund balances and contributions.
Set service charges budgets for new developments and properties.
To manage, respond and resolve enquiries/complaints (internal and external) within MTVH SLA.
£31,350 - £35,190 + Benefits
Permanent - Full time
Office Location: Farringdon, London. Currently working from home until further notice.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Experience of using current legislation for leaseholders with variable service charges (S18 - 30 Landlord & Tenant Act 1985) and an understanding of legislation on fixed service charges and service charges for Tenants.
- Experience of setting, monitoring, and managing complex housing service charges setting.
Detailed understanding of complex issues relating to leases, legal arrangements and other obligations.
Excellent communication and IT skills.
-Proven experience in a customer service environment, including responding to complaints/disputes.
An analytical approach with particular attention to detail
Commitment to customer service and continuous improvement.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, take a look at the attached Job Description for more details and if it’s the ideal job for you, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
What you'll get in return
You’ll be working in a fast-paced environment where you can benefit from our comprehensive in-house training to continue developing your skills. We offer excellent benefits, including:
- 28 days annual leave plus public holidays and an additional Belief Day, with the option to buy or sell up to 5 days leave
- Healthcare cashplan
- Matched contribution pension scheme (up to 9%)
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Salary sacrifice schemes and season ticket loans
- Life assurance scheme
- Paid volunteer days
- Plus lots of voluntary benefits including cash back and discounts from high street names
All employment decisions at MTVH are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, race or religion, sex or sexual orientation.
We are proud to have been recognised by Disability Confident for our commitment to disabled people and those with long term health conditions by providing fair and equal opportunities for all applicants enabling them to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Housing / neighbourhood management Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Revenues / benefits Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Tenant services Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Tenancy representative Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)