New Homes Development Team Leader
We're determined to make Islington fairer. To create a place where everyone, whatever their background, has the opportunity to reach their potential and enjoy a good quality of life.
We also have an ambitious goal – to be the best council in the country – with every employee clear about the part they play and inspired, focused and supported to give their very best.
We want to build an organisation where employees feel valued, inspired and empowered to help us achieve our goals and provide the best services possible to our residents.
Our values and behaviours
‘Be Islington’ is about setting a clear challenge about what it means to be an Islington employee and sets the standard for every new recruit.
We ask our employees to ‘Be Islington’ – playing their part in working together for a fairer borough and to always be collaborative, be ambitious, be resourceful and be empowering (‘CARE’).
We strongly believe that a secure and affordable place to call home is key to helping people achieve their potential and enjoy a good quality of life - but we know that the shortage of genuinely affordable housing in our densely populated borough is a real concern for many local people.
That is why we are building safe and secure, high quality, energy efficient new homes that our residents need and are proud to live in.
We are expanding our team to increase our capacity to deliver even more genuinely affordable new homes in Islington.
We are looking for an experienced Development Team Leader to deliver results and drive our development teams to success. You will have a good understanding of development processes, project management practices, regulations, sustainability and community and engagement techniques. You will be an excellent communicator with a good track record of successful engagement.
You will have a good knowledge of construction and safety responsibilities as well experience of successfully managing a development team.
As New Homes Development Team Leader you will:
Manage a team of Principal Project Managers, Project Managers and Development Officers to deliver a portfolio of complex new build projects with a value in the region of £750m.
- Use your extensive development knowledge, skills and experience to manage a client team to deliver projects on time and on budget, ensure new housing schemes are financially viable, achieve value for money and meets the council’s high-quality standards
- Drive the delivery and manage performance of your development team
- Ensure that your project teams have all the necessary skills and experience to deliver new homes
- Help identify, assess, develop new initiatives and appraise new models of delivering affordable homes in the borough
- Support the Heads of Service and the Director of Housing on service policy & strategy development
- Ensure development is monitored effectively and individual projects funded by the Council or the GLA are managed in accordance with the Council’s strategic planning and housing policies.
Come and join our dedicated New Build Team and help us deliver the biggest council home building scheme in Islington for a generation.
A full Job Description and Personal Specification can be found in the recruitment pack.
It is the policy of Islington Council that no user of service, present or future employee or job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of their sex, perceived or actual sexual orientation, marital status, race, religion or belief, age, creed, colour, nationality, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, or on the grounds of their association with someone in one of these groups; nor is disadvantaged by any conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justified. We welcome applications from Black and Minority Ethnic candidates and acknowledge our responsibility to mitigate against racial discrimination.
PLEASE NOTE: Priority will be given to those at risk of redundancy within Islington Council. Current employees who are part of the redeployment pool must meet the essential criteria for shortlisting to be prioritised.
Islington Council operates a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum criteria and we are committed to providing support to applicants who request reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process and throughout their career with us.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are also committed to flexible working and will consider requests where possible.
Islington Council also operates random drug or alcohol testing for safety critical roles or for where there may be just cause.
To apply for this position please use the online application process. Please note that the council only accepts on-line applications, no CV’s or alternative forms of applications are accepted. If you are unable to use the online process please contact the Recruitment team on 020 7527 2155 or e-mail email@example.com
Closing: 23:59 on 25 June 2021.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Housing / neighbourhood management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Project management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Residential Development & Construction Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)