Housing Review Officer
The London Borough of Bexley are transforming our homeless service to improve homelessness prevention, reduce temporary accommodation and end street homelessness.
This is an exciting opportunity to inspire, motivate and ensure the professional and effective day to day delivery of the Council’s Review Service statutory responsibilities and duty under the Housing Act 1996 Part V1 and VII, (as amended) HRA 2017, with due consideration of the relevant codes of guidance and case law.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about delivering a professional customer centred high quality housing service that consistently impresses our customers whilst enhancing our reputation. You will be highly motivated, ambitious, able to motivate yourself and ready for a new challenge.
You will also be an energetic and excellent communicator who works as part of a team that always seeks to understand first and create simple ways to keep people informed about things that are important to them.
You will apply huge personal integrity coupled with resilience to be part of a team that is known for delivering and keeping its promises. Your team will get things done on time, to the highest standards and learn quickly when things go wrong.
For more information about the role, please see the full job description.
For an informal chat please contact Jacqui Lansley Head of Housing on Lansley.email@example.com
What we offer:
- Relocation Package up to £8,000
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- 25 days Annual Leave (rising to 28 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
- Closing Date for your application: 30/06/2021
- CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.