Housing Team Leader
At Lewisham Homes, we believe in building on potential. As a Housing Team Leader, your ability to manage a team to ensure procedural compliance in a variety of Housing Management functions could have a real impact on people’s lives.
Lewisham Homes is an ambitious not-for-profit organisation focused on improving housing in the borough. As well as managing 19,000 homes on behalf of Lewisham Council. We aim to provide a better experience and more opportunities for residents, communities – and the dedicated people who join our growing team.
As a Housing Team Leader, you will be responsible for leading, managing and coordinating a team of Housing Officers to provide a high quality, customer focused Housing Management service.
If successful the main duties of your role will be:
- Manage the team to ensure procedural compliance in a variety of Housing Management functions. Ensure good quality casework and accurate and detailed notes are kept. To include:
- Changes of tenancy and introductory tenancies
- Management of temporary stay license tenancies
- Re-housing and allocation enquiries
- Management of decant cases
- Unauthorised occupation and squatting
- Permissions and enforcement of tenancy breaches
- Dealing with reports of nuisance and neighbour disputes
- Viewings, sign ups and settling in visits for new tenants
- Resident profiling
- Supporting vulnerable residents
- Build good working relationships with the local Tenant and Residents’ Associations. Ensure there is representation at the meetings and that Housing Officers are responding to requests appropriately and within a timely manner.
- Respond to complaints and members enquiries in an effective manner. Coach staff to resolve and respond to complaints successfully.
- Ensure the team record details of vulnerable residents on the Lewisham Homes Housing Management system. Ensure these residents are well supported and appropriate referrals are made to help them sustain their tenancy.
- Ensure safeguarding issues are dealt with immediately, and officers comply with the safeguarding procedure. Deputise for Safeguarding Lead as required.
- Lead the team to work collaboratively with other departments, partners and stakeholders to ensure multi agency responses to complex cases. Work together to develop innovative solutions, timely and cost effective best practice.
- Ensure legal cases are being progressed promptly and effectively:
- Liaise with the legal contractor for advice on complex cases
- Monitor legal purchase orders
- Ensure all paperwork is completed to a high standard and is fit for purpose
- Attend court or evictions as necessary
- Ensure resident(s) welfare in critical incidents. Coordinate emergency re-housing, communications and support to residents at these times.
- Keep abreast of all relevant legislation and good practice issues relating to the role.
- Manage key projects under the supervision of the Housing Services Manager from the project plan stage through to implementation and evaluation.
- Work flexibly, able to lone work and attend meetings out of hours where required.
We expect everyone at Lewisham Homes to be eager to learn new skills and to help others. As a major local employer with over 500 staff, we are committed to providing opportunities for personal development, plus flexible and agile working to help us to continue to embrace wellbeing. We also offer benefits including: season ticket loan, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, health & wellbeing benefits and membership of the local government pension scheme.
This role is a 6 month fixed term contract.
This role is will be agile working with some days being office-based.
For more information about Lewisham Homes and this opportunity, please visit our website.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in London (Greater)
- Housing / neighbourhood management Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in London (Greater)
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in London (Greater)