At Lewisham Homes, we believe in building on potential. As a Senior Gardener, your ability to maintain all communal garden areas by carrying out scheduled and seasonal work could have a real impact on people’s lives.
Lewisham Homes is an ambitious not-for-profit organisation focused on improving housing in the borough. As well as managing 19,000 homes on behalf of Lewisham Council. We aim to provide a better experience and more opportunities for residents, communities – and the dedicated people who join our growing team.
As a Senior Gardener, you will be responsible for providing a high quality Grounds Maintenance service ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction.
If successful the main duties of your role will be:
- To maintain all communal garden areas by carrying out scheduled and seasonal work as directed by the supervisor.
- To assist the Grounds Maintenance Supervisor in providing direction and leadership in a changing environment, including the development of integrated services.
- To lead on the delivery of the day to day tasks of the Grounds Maintenance service and to organise, manage, allocate and direct the work of a team.
- To lead and motivate your team so they can respond to peaks and troughs of service demand, whilst maintaining value for money.
- To ensure the safe use of appropriate chemicals, other materials and equipment and report any H&S issues, accidents or near misses, including any welfare concerns with your team to you line manager.
- Identify and report any welfare/safeguarding concerns about vulnerable residents,
- Identify and report nuisance, anti-social behaviour or criminal behaviour and provide evidence to support enforcement action – including the provision of information on individuals, actively looking for evidence as required, and providing witness statements
- Look after and use appropriate uniform and personal protective equipment, including mobile phones, lone working devises and vehicles when appropriate.
We expect everyone at Lewisham Homes to be eager to learn new skills and to help others. As a major local employer with over 500 staff, we are committed to providing opportunities for personal development, plus flexible and agile working to help us to continue to embrace wellbeing. We also offer benefits including: season ticket loan, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, health & wellbeing benefits and membership of the local government pension scheme.
For more information about Lewisham Homes and this opportunity, please visit our website.