Customer Service Officer
Out client have an exciting opportunity for a Customer Service Officer to join their team. The role is currently home based until further notice due to COVID 19. (their plans to move to a hybrid model of working which means the role will be part office based in Pitsea, Essex and part home based). You will be joining them on a full time, permanent basis and in return you will receive a competitive salary of £22,407.97 per annum (plus £1,200 per annum rotating shift allowance).
About the Customer Service Officer role:
Their Care Support Worker will be the first point of contact for all customers contacting the Customer Hub regarding repairs and property maintenance, providing appropriate advice and information (either by telephone, email, web chat or in writing) and dealing with the enquiries to maximise Right First Time resolution. You will use questioning skills to establish priorities and raise jobs on the system.
Responsibilities of their Customer Service Officer:
- Be the first point of contact for all customers with enquiries concerning repairs and maintenance services
- Answer contacts from customers reporting repairs/breakdowns within their home, use questioning skills to establish priorities and raise jobs on the in house system.
- Ensure all complaints about repairs and maintenance services are recorded on in house systems and assigned to the appropriate department.
- Deal with routine enquiries from leaseholders regarding maintenance.
- Maintain relevant files, IT records and other systems, and ensure that information is up to date and can be accessed and understood readily by others.
- Obtain information on behalf of the customers from Asset Management, Repairs and maintenance contractors and schedulers, to enable clear and Comprehensive responses to be provided.
- Maintain links with and knowledge of Asset Management Repairs/Maintenance Policies so that general enquiries and requests for service can be appropriately answered or referred for a response.
- Chase up other departments where they have failed to provide a satisfactory response using in house systems to highlight any service failures.
- Ensure that customers and other relevant staff are kept informed of delays in delivering a service and of the reasons for these delays, and the action being taken to minimise delays and restore service delivery.
What our client is looking for as a Customer Service Officer:
- Willing and able to provide a positive and friendly first response to residents and other callers.
- Able to deal calmly and effectively with distressed or aggrieved telephone callers and bringing the matter to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Able to work as a member of a team but taking responsibility for own actions.
- Able to take proactive action to prevent complaints from escalating.
- Able to refuse a request in a manner that is acceptable to the customer and reflects high standards of customer care.
- High standards of verbal and written communication skills ensuring all communication is clear, concise, comprehensible and free from jargon.
- Basic numeracy skills.
- Experience of working in an environment where you use different methods of communication and are expected to provide a high standard of performance.
- Experience of a commitment to high standards of customer care and service delivery in an environment where customers may display aggressive behaviour.
- Experience of using IT systems as a source of information and to record information about, and transactions with customers to ensure an up to date and efficient service.
Closing date: 5pm, 28th June 2021
If you feel have the skills and experience to become their Customer Service Officer please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to the careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST